myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shower sump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2johnsdownunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shower sump
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 02:42
Greetings all. Has any 400 owner out there fitted an automatic drain switch to their shower sump

• I was thinking about fitting the automatic sump drain and the newer Gulper pump but am not sure whether it would be an easy fit.
  • If anybody has contemplated this advice would be most welcome.
  • We are really tired of blocked strainers and pumps.1
John Down Under
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2017 at 20:02
Hi John
After many troublesome years of repently cleaning the filter on the standard sump pump, I changed it last month to a Gulper, which is without  tiresome filters. I still use the old switch. (Okay with me)
It looks like your automatic switch is supposed to replace the old drain ?
Access  to the bottom of the shower cabin is IMHO not possible, but just replacing the Jabsco pump with the Gulper is faboulous.
Kjeld  
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Mark_J1 View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark_J1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 21:48
Gulper drain pump is definitely the way to go.  Can't imagine how you'd get under the shower floor to fit the automatic switch without seriously reworking the shower floor.  That said, please post pictures if you solve the access route.

Mark
Hanse 400e "Grey Goose" Hull #31
 Post Reply Post Reply