myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water under the anchor box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 09:21
Hello and thank you for your answer.
I understand perfectly with this picture. I would check this point.
Yesterday, I opened the trap door to be able to empty the water which was under the baille. There must have been about 50 liters of sea.
On the other hand, I did not have time to water my bridge to see if the infiltration came from there or anchor box or a candlestick.
I'll let you know as soon as I can do the tests.
lonlon
Lonlon
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 20:41
In my eleven years old 400, I drain some 5-10 liters of seawater every year. I guess there is some place in the assembly of the hull and the deck, where its not completely water-tight. It seems that in rough weather with the bow dipping in the sea, there is more water inside.
I first took notice of the water after a few years, and the first time I emptied some 40-50 liters.
There is an old thread somewhere abut this subject.
Regards Kjeld

Edited by Captain Cook - 11 January 2018 at 20:44
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
StavrosNZ View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StavrosNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 02:28
I have 2010 400, i to had a leak, it was the poor finishing and glassing in the top corners of anchor locker where bulkhead (back wall of the anchor locker) joined the deck and hull sides (top back corners as you look back in anchor locker).

Small voids existed in corners and when sailing to windward and healed sea water can get to these corners and make its way into the interior. The finish in these corners with fiberglass strand and cloth and resin meant it was difficult to seal, i ended up using sikaflex to seal up the area and voids and have had no leaks since. 

Edited by StavrosNZ - 12 January 2018 at 02:29
Stephen
2010 H400 #691, Auckland, New Zealand
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 21:57
Lonlon,

In my case, the water infiltration was created when Hanse drilled the drain hole of the anchor locker on starboard side. The hole was too low, grinding the floor and creating a gap between the tray and the hull. I made an access trap in the sealed volume under the anchor locker. I filled up the locker with a hose to find the leak. From the trap, I was able the pass my hand against the hull to find the leak.

Ma fuite d'eau a été créée lorsque Hanse a perforé la coque pour insérer le drain du puit d'ancre. En étant légèrement trop bas, l'outil a creusé légèrement la parois et le fond du puit, créant ainsi un  petit vide. J'ai installé une trappe d'accès dans l'espace scellé sous le puit d'ancre pour le vider. J'ai utilisé un boyau d'eau de jardin pour remplir légèrement le puit d'ancre et tâter les parois grâce à la trappe d'accès et trouver la zone humide.

Bonne chance,

Bruno
Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12