myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 430
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Triducer Cable Routing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Borjebus View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borjebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triducer Cable Routing
    Posted: 06 June 2020 at 14:44
Thanks Ken,

I actually found the cables and the Simnet connector behind the wardrobe, but I had to remove the whole wardrobe to be able to lay the cable hose. It was a lot of screws to remove but when that was done it was very visible and easy to fix. If you do this - don't forget to also remove the hinges as these screws goes a little bit out on the other side. 
At the same time I made a 230V connection to a outlet. As told in this forum Hanse left these 230V cables unconnected if the outlet option was not chosen.

In the picture you can see the Simnet connector (high up) and the light grey 230V cable to the right as it was before my additions.

BÄSK, Hanse 370e #82 from 2006, Yanmar 3JH4E/SD50, 3-blade Flexofold, RMC(Lewmar) 185 Bowthruster, Vulcan 9, Simrad+B&G instruments
Borjebus View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borjebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 16:46
Hi,
I have a similar problem on my 370e of 2006:
I have a IS12 Combi instrument fed by two "analogue" cables - one for the depth transducer and one for the speed/temp transducer. As I have bee unable to find a suitable replacement i bougt a triducer with NMEA 2000 connection and plan to replace the Combi instrument with a Data instrument.

My problem is to get the new cable to the area of batteries/navstation where I have some spare backbone/Simnet connections.
There is a light grey conduit under the fore cabin floor, but I can't find out where it ends. The present cables goes all the way to the steering pedestal but behind the SB aft cabin you can only see a couple of black conduits.
Does anybody know where the light grey conduit ends?
BÄSK, Hanse 370e #82 from 2006, Yanmar 3JH4E/SD50, 3-blade Flexofold, RMC(Lewmar) 185 Bowthruster, Vulcan 9, Simrad+B&G instruments
gizmo View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2018 at 16:53
Hi

New triducer fitted and new IS20 graphic display fitted and all is now working.

The cable routing was difficult to locate but eventually I traced it to behind the forward cabin hanging wardrobe. You remove the back and there you will find the Simnet cable connection unit. The connector on the cable from the triducer NME2000 to Simnet was jammed in to the conduit below the forecabin floor to behind the saloon seating where the shrouds are connected. It took a bit of pulling and shoving but eventually we freed the cable and replaced with new.

Ken
Ken
430e # 161
UK
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 18:06
Mine is about 1 metre but is coiled so the backbone connection is only about 30mm from the transducer and very visible. The backbone then runs aft into a stringer and from there appears to be inaccessible until it emerges near the main switchboard.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
gizmo View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 16:17
Presuming that the same transducer and lead are fitted to all models can anyone tell me how long the transducer lead is from the transducer to the plug. This may help me locate the plug connector on my 430 as it is not under the floor by the transducer fitting as the cable disappears under the saloon floor in a conduit?

Thanks

Ken 
Ken
430e # 161
UK
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 23:02
You will find the DST transducer has a short cable with Micro C / NMEA 2000 plug. This connects to the existing NMEA backbone. You should find the connection in the floor space where the transducer is located. The backbone cable probably runs to a multi simnet connector near the chart table, but you don't need to replace that.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Catfan 2 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catfan 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 15:44
Sea-U: Could this be a misunderstanding? I meant the plastic plug replacing the triducer when taken out of the thru-hull.

Boris
SY Ginosaji

Hanse 350 #230
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 11:00
I am trying to order new. Need to specify what plug.

What type is the plug on the triducer. It looks like NMEA2000. See picture.
The other plugs on my boat looks like simnet plugs.
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
Catfan 2 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catfan 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 16:46
It is the same, as at least for the 350 Hanse uses a three-in-one solution for temp, speed and depth.
SY Ginosaji

Hanse 350 #230
gizmo View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 16:43
Changing the transducer should be the same as cleaning the log, once you have fitted the blank plug in the hole you can replace the transducer and then refit the new transducer in the hole. Just the 1/2 lt of water to mop up.
Ken
430e # 161
UK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>