myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulpit Nav Light wiring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulpit Nav Light wiring
    Posted: 18 July 2018 at 20:58
If you search for 4WD winch wireless remote on eBay you will find many at less than £10. Mine came complete with two remote controls.

Fitting is very straightforward if you already have access to the windlass wiring via an access plate. I had this from new in the forward cabin on my 385 but otherd appear not to have this.
I cut the existing wires for the windlass and used 3 way Waco connectors to add the wires for the wireless remote. There are 4 wires: positive, negative, up and down.

Edited by S&J - 14 August 2018 at 21:55
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 17:09
Hi Rod

Thanks - I was rather expecting that was going to be the answer. Unhappy 

I'm away cruising in France currently so don't want to start cutting a large hole in the anchor locker 'til we return to home base. I have bought an €8 battery port nav light that can be used in extremis. However, we are not planning any night passages so hopefully the lack of a working port nav light won't be a problem for a couple more weeks. Then I'll get my jigsaw out. Shocked

Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Rod View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 16:55
If you have a Lexmark winch it is very easy to fit the remote control unit behind the cupboards next to the main panel. It wires to the relay below. That’s for a 415.

High Time we have similar boats from 2012. I installed a dinghy style waterproof lid/hatch below the windlass. This allows access to all the cabling and to now does not leak!

Rod
Hanse 415 - "Ti"
Gocek,
Turkey.
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 07:58
Hello S&J

i am interested in your  "cheap 4wd winch wireless control" seen i face the same challenge. I know already the moment when  there is an engine break down an I need to anchor  (and first have to put the remote control ) , I will be to late. Taking out the security pin of the anchor is already taking some time in a critical situation.
So if you would be so kind to share I will try to install it too Smile
thanks a lot.
Best regards
/C
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 19:04
Correct - my 415 does not have an access panel. However, my boat is from 2012 so maybe they realised how impossible it is to access these wires without such a panel and fitted one to later boats like yours and maybe the newer 415s?
I can feel some wires around the edge of the anchor box in the forecabin on High Time but it is very difficult to get your fingers in there and I don't want to pull the wires too much. My guess is that these wires are for the windlass control but maybe they also cover the nav lights? If they do it would still be very difficult to run a new wire from there up through the pulpit, even using the old wire as a mouse.
As has been said before, these boats are built for ease of production and not ease of maintenance! 
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 18:23
The 385 has a circular access hatch in the fore cabin (underneath the anchor locker recess) that allows access to the windlass and lighting wiring.
I used this to fit a cheap 4wd winch wireless control so I don't need to plug the Quick windlass control in any more and can operate the windlass from the cockpit when solo.
Presumably 415 does not have this?
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 14:31
The port nav light on High Time is not working and some simple tests have revealed that it is the supply to the light that is faulty, not the light itself.
My question - how do I access and replace the wire to the port nav light. There appears to be zero access once the wire disappears into the pulpit tubing. Do I really have to cut an access holes in the anchor locker?
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
 Post Reply Post Reply