myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EC markings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowgli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EC markings
    Posted: 16 October 2018 at 13:44
hello saillors !!

How many EC markings does a Hanse 400 ( 2006 ) has ?  Were ? Need urgently to know exactly where they are for registration purposes !

Thank you in advance !!

fair winds

Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2018 at 18:20
On the transom/stern, some 50 cm over your boat name, the number from the Hanse Builders Certificate is engraved in the fibreglass - it will look like : DE-HAN J 0099 K 501.
The numbers are some 10 mm in height.
Another place in the boat the same number is engraved in a hidden place, just like in your car.
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Mowgli View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowgli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 03:38
Hi Captain !!

THKS for your reply , in fact i have those numbers in my actual Dutch certificate. No worries about that.
As you can see in the picture, a swim platform was manufactured. The boat builder used fiberglass OVER the numbers..........and now the mess is done !!!  Copy those 10mm in height , and how about the lenght of each one and total lenght of the whole inscription ?  Font ?

Huge help, thks verry much again !!

fair winds !!!

Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 11:12
Now, in my country and as far as I know that goes for the entire world, the number you need to engrave in your boat for registration in the International Ship Register is your VHF callsign (e.g. XPC 7278)or alternatively your MMSI number (e.g. 219004522).
Those letters/numbers are to be stamped/engraved in a place where they are easily accessible for control by the authorities.
The font and size are of no importance, as long as it is easily read without glasses.
The reason (in my country) for registration is that some financial institutes require this for lending money to buy the boat. The requirement for registration is for boats > 20 bruttotonnes, but smaller boats can also apply. There is a annually fee for the registration.
To register the boat you will need sales-bills from all previous owners, as well as the original building certificate from Hanse Werft. Check the Intenet for the requirements in your country.
In Denmark nowadays we will be registered equal to MAERSK as ship-owners, but since my boat is not registered, I do not know if that means to recieve an IMO number. (Then you should engrave this).
The missing Hanse number may be an obstacle if you want to sell the boat. Would you buy a boat/car where the indenditification number is missing?

Edited by Captain Cook - 17 October 2018 at 22:02
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Mowgli View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mowgli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 11:45
Hi

I do have the VHF callsign and MMSI number in a good spot. Here in Portugal it is mandatory to have the  number from the  Builders Certificate engraved in the hull.
As you know , the Dutch flag is no longer valid , thats the reason everyone here is going to the Belgium flag. 

Thks again for you help
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 17:26
Hi Mowgli,

you need to engrave the HIN ( = DE HAN ….) number from the builders certificate and NOT the MMSI as the latter changes when you register the boat under a different flag. You should also be in possession of the original invoice which gives proof that the VAT had been paid in a EU member state.

Good luck and enjoy your toy

Frank
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 17:29
To Mowgli, As from Jan 1st, 2019, Belgian flag is no longer available to non belgian resident...
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:40
As Fendant is stating , the Hull Indentification Number is on every new ship today, but in my youth there was no such animal. And the VHF and MMSI numbers can be transferred to a new ship or to a new owner of the same ship. Looking at the Danish rules today, I did find the newest version. Danish Sail Associacion states that, the number needed to be stamped when a boat is in the International/Danish Register is indeed the VHF callsign. (e.g. XPC7277).
This conversation shows clearly, that you can ask for help in this forum, but you need to check the answers with other sources, in this case the homepage of the authority which is supplying you with the documents.
If my answers are a little hazy, it may be because my hair is getting whiter by the day, and some of my grown-up memories lie almost 50 years in the past.
Sailors Salute
Cook The Captain

Edited by Captain Cook - 17 October 2018 at 21:58
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 21:53
The Internet still is an amazing library. Even at my age one can find almost anything. The following shows that only one ship named "Freya" is still in the registry:
It also shows, that in Denmark you use your VHF-callsign for registration: (OX 3054)

http://skibsregister.dma.dk
Kendingsbogstaver Kontrolnr Imo-nr Hvk.nr/st.f.nr. Skibsnavn Hjemsted Register CSR-nr

OX 2165

FREYA STRUER ANMDAS 6172758 Registreringer Udslettet 12-09-2008 af ANMDAS
OX 2257

FREYA VORDINGBORG DAS 1172965 Registreringer Udslettet 15-01-2014 af DAS
OX 2370

FREYA STRUER ANMDAS 9173209 Registreringer Udslettet 22-11-2010 af ANMDAS
OX 3054

FREYA ÅRØSUND DAS 1175451 Registreringer

Edited by Captain Cook - 17 October 2018 at 21:54
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 07:30
Originally posted by Captain Cook Captain Cook wrote:

On the transom/stern, some 50 cm over your boat name, the number from the Hanse Builders Certificate is engraved in the fibreglass - it will look like : DE-HAN J 0099 K 501.
The numbers are some 10 mm in height.
Another place in the boat the same number is engraved in a hidden place, just like in your car.

This is the number that should be there, not the callsign or MMSI that is country specific.
If your boat is stolen the "frame" number is the most important.
Last part of the number should also be the buildnumber that you can put in the sails. But mine is 7 digits off...
If somebody stole a boat they would properbly paint over the numbers - was your boat cheap?LOL
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>