myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

easy matic main sheet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: easy matic main sheet
    Posted: 03 August 2009 at 10:59
Hi,

Anyone who has fitted a Easy Matic (I or II) main sheet system on their boat? I'm looking for a way to improve the main sheet, because it requires me to much power to take it in.

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

Currently sailing Dehler 36 JV (2002)
Previous boat: Hanse 311 #80

http://www.uisge-beatha.eu
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 12:19
Gregor,
I have not heard of this system, and have just search on the internet, it seems as if it my be of use to me also, will be interested to hear how you get on with it, if you deciede to fit it.
Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
clar View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 17:10
Hello Gregor,

I have a Easy-matic system connected to a Lewmar rail on my 315 , works perfect.

/Claes

Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 23:06
Thanks for the information so far!

@Claes: illustrating picture. Do you know the lengt of your main sheet?

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

clar View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 17:36
Gregor,

I have a 30 m sheet but I would think 25 m would be enough

/Claes
Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 06:55
Thanks Claes.

Been looking in various shops for the Easy matic 2 (6:1). The lower block is out of stock till September :(

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 07:39
did you try svb.de?
Blake 370
Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 08:10
Yes, I tried them, they are nearly double the price of Technautic f.i. I got a quote from the local marine store for 240,- (if available....)

Just dropped svb an email to see what they can/will do.

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 14:07
Gregor
You do not need to purchase such an expensive unit. Although it is probably nice to use
You can use your existing mainsheet block as long as it has a fiddle on the top.
You just add a small ( Say 10 mm rope size) single sheave block with a jammer & its own fiddle on to the fiddle of your existing block. You take the dead end of the mainsheet off the fiddle & attach a 10 mm block to it. Then you take a new line ( different colour & only 10 mm diam)from the fiddle on the new jammer up through the block on the dead end of the old mainsheet & back down through the new jammer. This line need not be very long as you only need the extra power when close hauled so enough length ( say 3 M ) to give you about a metre of extra adjustment on the mainsheet.
When you are close hauled & want to trim the main you pull in your old main until nearly in & getting loaded up then  haul on the new rope . this gives double the original purchase you had before.
If you do not like it .it does not cost a lot & you can blow all your hard earned savings on the posh kit later. You possibly have the spare bits on board the boat.
It is a good idea to have the adjusting line a totally different colour so you know which is which. the picture you show above does not have this & you can easily end up pulling the wrong rope.
to stop the extra jammer block from constantly dropping over the mainsheet block you can place a spring or a piece of hose over the junction between the 2. You just need to use a bit of ingenuity here to suit yourself.
Finally you do not actually need to fix the extra block to the top of the existing mainsheet block so long as you have a position in the centre of the boat where you can attach it. Ie on on the cockpit floor. Here it is out of the way but you can pull upwards on the line when you want to. Do not have a long line as you only need about 1 M of movement on the end of the mainsheet as once you get used to it you will know how far to pull in the mainsheet before you need to use it.

Daydream believer
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 14:19
@Daydream believer: did you do this by head??? Thanks for the tip.
Do you have a picture available to make it clear, I'm not sure I quit understand the connection of the second block.

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>