myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emilia on the move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 92>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plattgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 15:20
.....und die fabelhafte Tochter?
370#641 "aqua d`or"
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 19:05
Die fabolous fabelhafte Tochter ist mit seine Mutter this New Year. She spent Christmas with me. Sadly she could not join us for this trip.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 31 December 2017 at 19:11
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 07:49
I have been thinking if I should keep this thread going or not. It started off so great with me and my family sailing to Norway in 2012 with the plan to leave Emilia there and then the next summer continue to the Shetlands and further south, maybe leave her for the next winter in the Irish Sea and eventually sail into London and then back home, over the course of a few years.

Then came the divorce and I had to sail Emilia back to Stockholm. Much to my surprise, the sailing adventures kept coming and made keeping this thread alive worthwhile.

But then also, I have used Emilia as my permanent accomodation since 2013 when we came back. During this time I have learnt a lot. One thing is that it was never that simple that my marriage was a failure and that I had to blame myself for not being able to keep a family together. There is a MUCH darker side to it. For example, one legal battle after the other has been thrown at me and it just ended last summer. Then we are counting four years of it. I am just touching the subject here but I have people around me who tell me to write a book about my life. One thing is for sure, I will tell my story one day.

Now, in order to move on in this thread I am happy to tell you that I have solved my "last problem". After living full time aboard for four and half years me and my daughter have moved into a small house. I honestly never thought this would be possible. I was convinced that I would have to celebrate my sixtieth and seventieth birthday aboard just as I did my fiftieth.

This opens up for new opportunities. Emilia can once again sail freely without the burden of being a permanent home. I have already started to bring stuff ashore that don't really belong on a boat. For example, I will no longer sail with mine and my daughter's ice skates and the aft locker in the middle of the summer.

I will also give Emilia some extra care and am already planning to replace the main cabin cushions.

So who knows what new direction this thread will take? I am excited myself.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 20 March 2018 at 18:36
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 07:53
I let my friend's guess what the first piece of furniture I bought was. A digital piano, of course!

Before I got the keys to my house, Liselotte and I visited to take a look and start planning for where to put the furniture and the piano. We didn't bring anything to measure with but Liselotte, being just a bit taller than a piano is wide, offered to measure one of the walls to see if the piano would fit.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 07:59
And it did!

Johan

Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 09:37
Dear Johann

Your posts are a "must read" on the forum. I for one am delighted that you are continuing to write about Emilia's - and your own - adventures. And your photos are stunning. Thank you for sharing with us; its good to hear that the darkness is lifting and that you have so much to look forward to with Liselotte, Emilia and of course your new home! 

Best wishes

Richard
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 09:50
It's what we have been waiting for Johan. Your contributions have been missed. Keep it going
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
plattgatt View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plattgatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 17:56
Moin Johan,
we are glad that you have solid ground under your feet again and expect your contributions.
Dear daughter, beautiful house, fantastic ship and a hopefully understanding partner.
For an exciting season 2018

370#641 "aqua d`or"
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 18:39
Hej Johan,

good to hear that you are on even keel now. I am looking forward to hear about your new adventures with the family and with Emilia.

All the Best
Frank
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2018 at 05:37
Hi Johan

This this thread is so inspiring and interesting to read for any sailor, so please keep it going.... can't wait to hear more about Emilia on the move!Clap

(For a second there, I thought you intended to place the piano outsideLOL)

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172 92>