myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emilia on the move

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 92>
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 10:00
We are now on our way back to Stockholm but decided to make a stop just where my new house is. There is a beach nearby and someone had put a sign on a wooden jetty that said "guest berth" and we decided to try it. We were met up by a very nice man that told us that the jetty was his and that he liked having guests.

We could then walk up to my house and water the garden before walking back and having dinner and a good night's sleep aboard.

I am amazed about the absolutely beautiful environments and people's friendliness in the area I now live and the fact that I can tie up my boat near my house is wonderful. Like I said, this is part of a long emotional journey for me.

Johan

Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 13:23
Sounds like the long, emotional journey is well underway - and with a happy start! Thanks for sharing Johan.
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 19:20
Hi Johan

Thanks a lot for the updates (quite a lot Smile)!

Great pictures as always, which make me just looong for the Summer vacation. Actually I am still dreaming to go to this part of Sweden when I get the time for it. (I am considering Gothenburg this summer - maybe).

Interesting to hear about your new home. I can see that it is a outside the centre of Stockholm, which makes me wonder how you cope with that. I rather consider you to be a bit of an "urban animal"LOL

Ole,

Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 22:29
Originally posted by kirkelund kirkelund wrote:

Interesting to hear about your new home. I can see that it is a outside the centre of Stockholm, which makes me wonder how you cope with that. I rather consider you to be a bit of an "urban animal"

Interesting that you should make that comment. For all the years, even if I never thought it would happen, I dreamed of three things: a shower of my own, a washing machine and a letter box. Now, what made it happen after such a long time was really this: I shifted my focus. My daughter Isabel helped a lot by looking on the internet for places I did not think of and she found this house. I then realised that instead of living in the city I could have a place where I could walk barefoot in the grass in my own garden. At the time the housing market had a dip and much to my own surprise the house became mine and something I never believed would happen was all of a sudden reality. With that been said, I got more than just the tree things I dreamed of.

So what I am saying is shifting my focus was the last straw (or however the saying goes) that made my last problem go away.

But then again, Emilia is still berthed in the city. So I got double accomodation and can choose whether to live in the city or outside.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 28 June 2018 at 22:35
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 06:27
Well, shifting focus sometimes makes you discover new things in life.

And, after all you are not that far from the centre of Stockholm and the place sounds just great.

FantasticBig smile

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:21
Those of you who have read this thread over the years may remember that I have a strong connection to Norway. It actually began at this very forum when I got aquainted to someone who worked for Simrad, and who replied to a few questions about the then new IS20 products, and who sailed a Dufour 34. Ten years ago (time flies!) he invited me to sail across the North Sea and look at "all his IS20 instruments".

Since then we became friends and I have sailed across to Scotland and the Orkneys three times. When I decided to leave Emilia in Norway over the winter (which was when I started this thread) I choose to leave her in Egersund where he lives.

This year he asked me if I and Liselotte would like to be part of the crew. I accepted the offer but due to lack of time only one way and with the addition that Isabel would also join. We very soon we agreed if we would ever take a ten year old out to sail for 48 hours on the North Sea it would be best to pick Isabel.

Isabel proved to be an asset. Here she is seen steering the Dufour 34 "Bua" on a compass course.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 20 July 2018 at 18:25
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:31
I had promised my daughter that she would get to see dolphins on the crossing and that was a promise I could keep.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:37
The trip is actually a race called Convoy Cup Rally which is to commemorate the Norwegians who lost their lives in Orkney during World War II. There is a ceremony at the cemetary arranged by the Orkney Norway Friendship Association. Coffee is served afterwards, spiked with Highland Park.

Now, I am not the racing kind of sailor but I am proud to announce that we came first in the race. The proudest of us all is Isabel who gets to take the prize back home. Here she is in the cockpit of S/Y Bua in Kirkwall Marina.

Johan

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2018 at 18:44
Originally posted by Johan Hackman Johan Hackman wrote:

Now, I am not the racing kind of sailor...

Well, that may be true until I see another Hanse 342!

Once back in Sweden we were quick to embark on Emilia. The weather here is hot at the moment with light winds and, more sad, algae blooming.

So while tacking today we spotted the gorgeous Hanse 342 "Sjövild" and we took up the race with her new owners. I am posting this picture because the boat's previous owner has been a very fine contributor to this forum and it is so good to see that the boat has made it to our side of Sweden. I hope the new owners will join the forum too!

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 20 July 2018 at 18:50
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2018 at 08:18
After an unusually long break from sailing (last time I sailed was two months ago) we are making an attempt to repeat last year's success to use the autumn holiday to sail in the archipelago.

Yesterday we set off in cold and wet weather. After the two usual bridge openings and going through the lock we motored across to Djurgården to pick up my daughter from her riding lesson (she is that age now). She found her way to a nearby marina where we picked her up on an empty pontoon.

Then we sailed in gusty winds that a some points were in the gale area. At one point we broached so badly that the boom end was dragged in the water. That has not happened since 2015 when we sailed between Dragör in Denmark and Smygehamn in Sweden.

The below picture is of yours truly trying not to broach a second time, taken by Liselotte Malmborg.

Johan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 92>