myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Hanse 345

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 14:44
Does anyone have pictures to share? Can not find any on the internett except from the drafts...

I am not looking for changing, but it is ofcourse interesting with a new Hanse!Wink
H350#118
www.bjoris.blogspot.com
Markku View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 16:05
And what you think about a boat without backstay?
I'm sorry, but I don't, for obvious reasons: you can't stress the front of the head sail to adjust the shape and improve boat's heading, you can't bend the mast top backwards to adjust the main sail, you can't support the mast top if you were to sail only with the jib or genoa in heavy weather, spreaders has to be so much backwards angled, that the main sail will suffer when sailing downwind, also suffers the boat handling and speed. And some level of difficulties passing by the shrouds was already mentioned. 

I don't understand why these rigs are presented by yards and sail boat designers, for comfort or what?

Markku
S/Y Flow
Hanse 371
Markku View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 16:37
My apologies to Hanse Yacht, I take my previous thread back.
I checked the latest renderings of 345 and there is a backstay. Great!

Now my previous complaints are addressed to Dufou Yacht.

Markku
S/Y Flow
Hanse 371
Janni View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 10:40
I do not appreciate the latest Hanse models. But it is a clear indication that they are following the company strategy, i.e. make Hanse the charter and camping on water brand while the better sailing boats with a bit less of living space are under the Dehler brand. 

Hanse 320 #548 "SCHNEGGE"
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 11:49
Originally posted by Eduard Eduard wrote:

However It was nice to play with the new multi functional IS40 instrument, which may be a big improvement compared to the IS20 and the IS12.

I wonder what the new IS40 is like. It is funny that there is no information about it on Simrad's website. There is a short note about it on Panbo though: http://www.panbo.com/archives/2012/09/garmin_buys_nexus_simrad_is40_plus_raymarine_i40_i50_i60.html.

Johan
Eduard View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eduard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 08:06
Simrad IS40 is the basic version the B & G Triton instrument. On the B&G website you will find all documentation on this instrument. What I have understood so far, is that the Triton is more sophisticated than the IS40. 
Ed

sy "Nimby" Hanse 342 #611 (2007); white hull, (one) wheel steering, Selden mast & boom, furlex 200S, deep draught, two cabins, traveller in cockpit, DSC VHF, inboard ap, B&G Zeus + Triton (2x)
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 09:38
I think the new IS40 instrument looks really good so I am considering getting a Hanse 345 in order to get one of these instruments. What do you think of that?

Info at Simrad's site: http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Resources1/Simrad/Products/Preview/IS40-Display-en-us.aspx.

A review: http://yachtelectronics.blogspot.se/2012/09/simrad-is40-navigation-display-preview.html.

Some more info: http://canalsriversandboats.blogspot.se/2012/09/new-simrad-instrument-and-autopilot.html.

Johan

Edited by Johan Hackman - 16 September 2012 at 09:42
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 08:31
Hi Folks,

I am really enjoying reading peoples impressions of the new models and the general feedback from the Southampton Boatshow is that it is the best 34 footer on the market in the price bracket which is great.

I get the impression that there is a real misunderstanding that hanse are moving away from their fast cruising roots, which really is not the case and infact this is something they are moving further towards.

I have had the privilege to sail all of the latest models and they are fantastically smooth, stable and fast cruisers.  Judel Vrolijk as you would expect have created a superb range for Hanse.

The Dehlers ofcourse are slightly faster and more tuneable for those wanting to do more racing but please do not think the Hanses are becoming slow, that would be very wrong.

Enjoy the late summer!
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 14:18
BTW: New fotos on the hanseyachts.com page now available. (Only interior so far)
Blake 370
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 19:46
IS40  - is it replacing the IS20 already? If so, seems like Simrad changes instrument lines faster than their socks. Which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't stop supporting the previous line for a few years more... 
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>