myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VERY bad adventure with 470e

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takomitak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VERY bad adventure with 470e
    Posted: 14 March 2013 at 18:04
Hello everyone, I want to let you know my bad adventure with my hanse 470. This boat is my favorite and I love her like a child. The keep also like a child, but our yard Hanse does not have the same idea. I show you the photo of the bow of my boat and as you can see the plexy came off during a voyage from Sardinia to Liguria and I seriously threatened to sink with my crew. Fortunately the bad weather that got me to 5 nm from the Navy only lasted 1.5 hours and the water that came in the boat did not exceed the level of floating ...... If all this was happening to 50 nm, for my 470 there was no escape, it would be sunk.
Now our beloved Hanse shipyard recognizes the defect (which we all know by now) and send only the kit to mount the new plexy but says that the installation is at my expense.
Beware all you owners of Hanse, our yard waiting for comes in contact problems (more or less severe) to activate without a recall (like cars). Be careful owners Hanse and check all of your portholes in the hull because when you least expect it will break and you are likely to sink in a few minutes
I have told you my bad experience happened 20 days ago and now my view of the yard is very different from the first, and probably the boats and their managers are very different from before .......
Bad experience from Hanse, never with this site ......
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 18:48
Very bad exprience, on the water and with the yard.
Could you please show the foto here, i am trying to understand but it may be more easy with a foto.
Blake 370
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 19:01
Hi Peter-Blake,
I guess he has lost a Window from the hull in the owner cabin, like NorseKing!
I change all of my Windows against the new one, which are delivered by Hanse in Summer 2012. I paid nothing to the Dealer or to Hanse! Now the Windows are glued AND srewed!
Every Hanse 470 Owner has to go that Way!! Everything else can bring you in big trouble!
best regards

Bjoern

takomitak View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takomitak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 19:11
I tried to attach photos but the system is not functioning at this moment
takomitak View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takomitak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 19:15
Hanse said to me that the installation is my spending :-( (
I am a journalist for a magazine on the Italian Sailing, this will be a good opportunity to write and warn all Italians and others, owners of Hanse
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 19:22
Hi,
If you are using the arrow in the top line of Message than a full toolbox will open! There you find the Symbol to insert a photo!
best regards

Bjoern

superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2013 at 19:24
Sorry to hear about your experience. A real dangerous situation.

It seems the dealers treat this very different. My dealer offered to change mine for no cost. Materials and labour was paid by the Hanse factory. As it turned out, my windows was all good (in 2012) and i was eger to get out sailing, so I have posponed the job to this spring.
From the reading here - i think i will get it done now.

Edited by pearl - 14 March 2013 at 19:25
PEARL - S/Y SUPERLIGA - HANSE 470 e - Hull #168 - hanse470.com
jeancharleb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeancharleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 04:16
Does anyone think that the 470 of 2010 #300 would have the same problem or it was solved before they manufactured mine?
Jean Charlebois
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 04:34
Hi Jeancharleb,
you have to disconnect the cover of from the innerside of the Window, and than it has to look like this:

Hope, it helpsEmbarrassed
best regards

Bjoern

Niels View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 07:43
Jean mine is hull no. 470/302 not far of from yours. Phill from Hanse UK assured me that the problems was resolved by then so fingers crosed let's hope he is right, please let me know if you hear othervise.
Niels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>