myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SMS Smart Mooring System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Véronique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMS Smart Mooring System
    Posted: 20 October 2013 at 14:52
We had Hanse SMS (smart mooring system) installed as an option on our brand new Hanse 445 in 2012. Worked fine for the first year. Had lots of problems this year. It became so unreliable that we stopped using it altogether, after an unsettling episode where we totally lost engine control in a narrow channel...

Finding the new MaxPower rep in France was a challenge (MaxPower went bankrupt). As for our dealer, he was helpless. I was a little bit luckier with Hanse aftersale service in Greifswald who provided me with a diagram for complete rewiring of the system and a description of new hardware (some of it does not exist yet). No more combined joystick to operate the two propellers (bow and stern) in conjunction with the engine, but a standard double-joystick for propellers, the engine being only controlled by the control lever.

Is anybody else experiencing problems similar to mine? If they were solved, can you tell us how? It seams that 4 out of 6 SMS sold in France last year are now kapput. Anybody out there? Any chance we could put our efforts together to get the problem solved?
Veronique

Sir Titou 320, Switzerland
Caprice 445, Southern France
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2013 at 19:11
Hi, sorry for your problems.

It is Lalizas in greece who bought Max-Power and Lofrans.
I can say that Lalizas has got water all over there ears.

I am Selling max-Power and lofrans in Sweden and we haven´t got any spareparts or new Products the hole year from them.

Hope you can find a good repair Company.

/Henrik

S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 14:34
Hi,
I also had problems with my MAX-power bow thruster and after small investigation concludent that Lalisas îs only interested in Lofrans but had to get both at the same time. Finally I decided to maschine some parts to be able to use sidewinder spare parts. I also through away all electronics and replaced them with just a few normal relays. Low tech but no more problems!
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 10:40
There is a very long thread in the German Yacht Forum about the ( apparently not so ) smart mooring system:

In the same forum but under the header ZF docking system:

Guess that Hanse did not reinvent the wheel and bought what was available at that time.

Edited by Fendant - 22 October 2013 at 10:44
Frank
pideas View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 11:47
Hello Veronique,
I also have the Smart Mooring System on my Hanse 445 built in 2012. So far I had no problems.
Were you able to locate the problem?
Can it be, that it is related to the control unit?.
I had from the beginning not trust the water resistance of the control unit.
That's why I can build me a cover.

Sailing is a Passion, ex Hanse 445, now Moody DS 54

H445#74
Véronique View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Véronique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2013 at 10:28
Hello Pideas

You're right, water resistance of the control unit is an issue, although it was not the root of our problem. Our dealer finally came around to fixing the problem, which was a bad connection, but anyhow, he has offered no solution as to the protection of the control unit.

Could you let me know who made yours for you, so that I could have a similar one made for Caprice? Or would you happen to have the drawings available for me to have it made locally?

Thanks in advance.
Veronique

markrosa View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 09:39
Hello,

the links go to two different threads regarding the Beneteau/Jeanneu Dock&Go System.
This is in no way related to the Hanse Smart Mooring System.

Mark
would love to go back to sailing like summer 2012 (5.5 months from Slovenia to Turkey with wife and 4 little kids)
markrosa View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markrosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 09:42
I am an owner of a Hanse 495 (put to water first time in April 2012).
We have the SMS (Smart Mooring System) installed and it worked fine in the first season (2012) but started acting up in 2013 (already in May the aft thruster went to full power starboard and could only be stopped by disconnecting power; later the full system did act up frequently).

By now (spring 2014) the system is not working any more at all.

Hanse has promised a "temporary" replacement with a simple bow and aft thruster joystick and no main engine steering already summer 2013. But they have not delivered until now. Very unresponsive service!

We hope that they deliver in the next two weeks or we will have to have a replacement built in by ourselves for the upcoming season.

Mark
would love to go back to sailing like summer 2012 (5.5 months from Slovenia to Turkey with wife and 4 little kids)
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 18:48
Dear all

I visited the Yard this week and I have been told by someone from the factory that they have stopped selling SMS because they had too much trouble in the past.

I heard similar things from Bavaria, but they are still offering their 'dock control' System.

It is a pity because esp. for the bigger boats I found the SMS quite helpful and it helped a lot in close quarters.

Born to sail, forced to work!
Véronique View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Véronique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2014 at 07:52
We also had fitted the SMS on our 2012 445. Had trouble from day one.

End of 2013, our local electrician took apart the SMS system, including the Teleflex control lever. Went for the basic reliable stuff... He fitted a MaxPower control panel in front and a custom-made four-switch pannel in back. Working fine now. A nice translucide cover protects it all while underway and make a very comfortable seat...

Veronique

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>