myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints and Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 400 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 400 Review
    Posted: 03 October 2006 at 08:56
Clap Ahhhh just found them.......
Must read my messages properly - perhaps wearing my glasses would help!!!!

Nice report on Grey Goose in a recent sailing magazine (Hanse 40) 

Jof think we saw you coming out of Portsmouth on Sunday, you were pounding into the waves  toward Gilkicker- it was the Hanse waves on your boat that made us think it was you.

We came back from Cowes, good 7 getting up to an 8 - only under self tacking jib and doing a good 10 + knots.
Washed the port side of the boat and the spray dodgers at the same time though Smile

Sue Wink
Terry View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 09:19
Which Magazine was the report on the 400 in please.
Terry
Muscadet View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muscadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 11:28
It was in Sailing Today.
taduka View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taduka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 14:33
HI
which copy of Sailing today?

Shawn
JofB View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JofB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 15:52
Hi, Sue,
Yes it was us on Sunday - sorry we didn't spot you.  Must have had my hands full.  An "invigorating" trip back to Hamble is one way of putting it.  Anything up to 8+ knots with only half the jib out - didn't want to upset my novice crew!  We had overnighted in Haslar not expecting the wind to be quite so entertaining - so much for the 24 hour forecast.

The review is in the latest edition of Sailing Today (November) that has just been published - makes good reading, even if one or two minor details are inaccurate, such as the width of the main berth and that a leisure-sized chart does fit the table so you can have it straight towards you when sitting down rather than needing the somewhat uncomfortable twisted position that Duncan Kent has assumed in the photo.  Just a shame I could not be with him on the day.
Jof
400e #31 - Grey Goose
Clivian View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 17:09
November issue of Sailing Today - pages 78 - 81

Sue Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic