myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Painting Hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Painting Hull
    Posted: 11 March 2014 at 23:45
It's time to refresh the Hull of my 370e Hanse. My painter is using AWLGRIP paint. Hopefully this is the best solution. Does anyone know where I can get the Hanse LOGO in PDF format that I can have repasted on the Hull after painting?

Mike
Stella Maris 370e#166
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 18:29
Hi Mike

I am getting "Amani" repainted with Awlgrip at the moment. Sydmarin in Raa, Sweden, who is doing the job, informed me that they have the necessary templates to restore the Hanse logo (white in my case). Your painter would probably be able to do the same.

The first layer has just been applied today! Another two layers will be applied monday. I expect that the logo will be restored after the last layer - of courseWink BTW, the original white stripes will also be restored.

Picture by Sydmarin (Rċċ, Sweden)

Ole,

Kirkelund

"Amani"
Lynetten, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hanse 342 (grey hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, Jefa rudder - RUD34)
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 23:49
Ole,

Amani is looking great even with just her first Awlgrip coat. What will the paint job cost when finished?
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2014 at 09:24
Hi Wayne

The Awlgrip paint job itself will cost me about 55.000 SEK (or the equivalent of 8.600 USD / 6.5000 EUR).

On top of that I will also have bottom treated with another three layers of epoxy (just in case) and new anti-fouling of course + a complete set of new thru-hulls of composite (TruDesign) + new membrane on the Yanmar SD20 drive..........and......and....and

In a few weeks I will be completely brokeCryLOL

Ole,

Kirkelund

"Amani"
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2014 at 10:46
A new boat!
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
kirkelund View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkelund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2014 at 15:17
Yep, Panos

It does in fact feel as if I am getting a new boat.Big smile

I know the whole operation is probably not the wisest thing to do from an economic point of view. Rather, it seems a bit sentimental. On the other hand, I have found over the years that it carries a certain value in itself to know your boat well, and from that perspective it does make sense, although I could probably have changed into a newer model for almost the same price. But then, I would have had to start over again, besides a new(er) boat would also have to be maintained.

So here we goWink

Ole,
Kirkelund

"Amani"
Eduard View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eduard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2014 at 18:32
Yes, I agree with you Ole,

Like most of us, also I look at other boats, both new and used. Some time ago I was very seriously considering another (used) boat, 37 foother but no Hanse.
I then made a sheet in which I compared that other boat with my own 342. My conclusion was that sticking with my 342 and upgrading a little bit would be much cheaper than selling my 342, buying that used boat and upgrading that boat, not taking into account all the hassle.
Ed

sy "Nimby" Hanse 342 #611 (2007); white hull, (one) wheel steering, Selden mast & boom, furlex 200S, deep draught, two cabins, traveller in cockpit, DSC VHF, inboard ap, B&G Zeus + Triton (2x)
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2014 at 19:05
I agree with you all the way, I have looked at upgrading my 370.
The new boats have holes in the hull , no mainsail track, no genoa track and a saloon that you can dance in.
Am fairly sure that a re-rig and hull paint job is my next up grade.
The only other option is to move to a classic heavy boat with a long keel, this the boat that the rufty tufty sailors tell us we need to sail the world. However I am only in my 50s and think that stile of boat is for an older generation.
Long love Hanse; but will they please make a sail boat not a floating penthouse.

Simon
Swanned off
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2014 at 09:11
Originally posted by gertha gertha wrote:

Long love Hanse; but will they please make a sail boat not a floating penthouse.

Simon

+1
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2014 at 14:54
Hello Kirkelund 

After the international financial crisis, the prices on yachts has fallen. 

May I assume that you have spent more than 8800 euros? 
For that price you can get a Hanse 291! 

The Polish yachts also lowers the price of the boat market. 
This new Vikos 30s D version cost 34,510 euros (without motor)

As long as one's sailboat has metalframe, and not a woodframe, one should probably just be happy with the boat one already has.
(link is to danish sail-site with pictures of a old sailboat where the woodframe couldn't take anymore)

My point is that our yachts probably are more valuable to us than to others.
So no matter how much we spent on maintenance, it is because of our love to our yachts and not because of resale value.

/H8jer

Edited by H8jer - 16 March 2014 at 15:45
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>