myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deck lights on the mast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deck lights on the mast
    Posted: 20 August 2014 at 08:48
Hi fellows!
I plan to put some decklights on the mast and are trying to find the best place to get the power from the switch board. Under the mast and above the celing there is a white cable connector where top light and steaming light gets the power from. anyone who knows what the third one is for? I have measured the power and from the 2 that has cables I get 12,52V but on the empty i only get 11,3V. It should not be any problems as the LED lights I'm gonna fit can be used between 9-50V.

Thankfull for your tips and advices.
Marco

"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 08:56
I though there was spare for a tricolour lantern.
Not quite sure, but I think there is a switch for that.

I just checked the manual on your excellent page.
I think the left second from top + the third in the middle switches should be on.

Edited by Sea-U - 20 August 2014 at 09:07
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 09:39
Okay, I need to try those switches. I Think that those switches are the most weird thing on the boat! In the beginning we had even some of the Cables in the wrong positions!!

Any suggestion where to take the power from otherwise and still be able to use the switchboard?
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 13:31
I am not sure of this... but as I understand those switches:

The upper left is main navigation. Front and rear lights + the middle first or fourth switch for under power light.

The second upper left is when not under power.  anchorlight tricolour AND DECKLIGHT!!!

1=Bug/Heck, Dampferlicht 10A

2=Ankerlicht, 3-Farbenlicht, Deckslicht 10A

So as I se it: The second from top left + either first or fourth should give decklight.

Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 13:35
It would make much sence if one of the two spare was the plus for tricolor and the other was the plus for decklight.
Then use common ground for anchor and tricolour.
Also for engine light and decklight.

Edited by Sea-U - 20 August 2014 at 13:35
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 14:08
I'm probably the biggest idiot here regarding elecrical wirings so you have to excuse me all my stupid questions :)
How should I connect a LED spotlight that has only on black (-) and red (+) cable according to what you say above?
Let say that the white plastic in the picture is numbered from 1-6 starting from left. I.e. that the empy ones are 5 and 6.

Marco
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 15:44
Marco, when i got my boat delivered, i ordered in the last moment, just before the riggingprocess my decklight. Wendel and Rados only exchanged the steaminglight and connected the cables to the light and just under the mast. No work was done in the navigationtable area. So i think all cables are connected to the switches already. Just check the spare wire which is already on your foto and connect the right ones.

Look how it is connected on my boat:

Edited by Peter-Blake - 20 August 2014 at 15:45
Blake 370
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2014 at 16:29

Lets say the orange is for decklight and the green is for tricolour.

Then connect the red from LED to the orange and the black to the ground.

And what is ground? Not sure from the photos but you may try any. Should not harm.

If you connect ground to for example anchor +,  you may get LED light when anchor is of and no LED light when anchor is on. So strange behaviour if ground is not correct.

MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 13:22
So if I understand you right the ground decides which of the switched to the left I shall use and the red + cable decides which switch it will be on the right horizontal switches? That makes sence...after that my wife explained it t me with a drawing :)
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 15:57

No, sorry.

Ground is the same for all. Should be directly connected to the minus on the batteries. Meaning that it may only be one wire that is ground. You have to find out.

What I meant was that if you by mistake connect the black to anchor +, you may get strange behaviour.

I think you may see the two upper left switches as main switch and then the middle switches as secondary switches.

Check my quick sketch

Edited by Sea-U - 21 August 2014 at 16:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>