myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 445/455/458
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

445 becomes a 455

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 455guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 17:01
Do the boats not get build in the order of their hull #?   I was told August 1st for mine #80.  
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 17:25
Good Question!

During my last visit in Greifswald we have seen #26, #51 and #56. This was March 21st. I have been told "maybe end of June". It seems to me that there is no correlation between s/n and order. But I have no clue how the yard orders its production - guess there is a system...

Does anybody knows more?
Born to sail, forced to work!
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 19:23
Hanse have never made there boats in an order that makes sense to the number you receive when ordering.
Through the years many people have asked the same question.
I suspect that the dealers with the best looking staff get priority over dealers with ugly people working for them.
The other option is they run a lottery in the factory and every week they bet on which boat they are going to build next.
Always thought that the Germans were ordered and regimented; however the factory is close to Poland and those guys know how to joke around.
So it could be all one big joke and you will never know when your boat is to be delivered.

What ever happens it will all be good fun and a great blast when you get on the water with a pretty new boat.

Simon
455guy View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 455guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 05:19
I sea says the blind fish, so instead of sailing out of the baltic in august looking at the harvest moon I may be dodging icebergs in December........
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 06:32
I have heard that S/N is assigned when the yard has received the order from the dealers. The production planning process (which defines the delivery date) starts when the yard has received the 1st downpayment from the dealer.
As far as I know the yard does not slot in "white tails" due to the high customization in order to minimize working capital requirements. They only start production planning  with a) and b) with a definite configuration. S ome boats may have been prefinanced by the dealer.

In 2013 we had hull no 80and no 56 was two manufacturing bays behind us.
Frank
Rapetitio View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rapetitio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 18:35
Originally posted by Nerthuz Nerthuz wrote:

Hi Rapetitio.
I will have my 455#045 delivered in Greifswald thursday next week, and then sail the boat back to Norway, some 340 nm. The contract was signed October last year with my norwegian dealer.

Hi Nerthuz

Hope you had a safe trip back to Norway?

Maybe you can give some insights on your expieriences made during take over and first miles sailed with your new boat... Guess, some of us are quite curious

My boat will be delivered first week of July

Best Regards
Born to sail, forced to work!
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2015 at 17:41
Dear all

I'm very interested in any views on the H 455. I currently have a 2007 H 400e (which I've been delighted with) and would like to hear about owner's views on the H 455 - and not least Carlov's and any other former H 400 owners thoughts on the differences between the H 400 and the H 455.

Has anyone specified in mast furling? Any opinions on this?

And has anyone had any experience of (Hanse's) leather upholstery option?

Finally, are there any "must consider" options for the 455?

Many thanks

Richard M
Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
Nerthuz View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nerthuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2015 at 19:42
I left Greifswald with my 455 on May 20th, heading for Norway, some 350 nm. We spent 5 days in the boat, before arrival. I am happy with the sailing experience, the boat has FCL sails and furling main. Quite easy to handle. Sailing speed hits 8-9 knops with no problem. With double thrusters harbour manouvers is easy. Max speed with the 75 hp engine was 9,5 knots.
Conclusion: I am happy - and so is my wife 😄
GUHaus View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUHaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 03:01
Richard,

We have been sailing our Hanse 455 in Narraganset Bay, RI for the past month. Absolutely love the boat handling. She has great responsiveness at the helm, and really holds her angles nicely in a puff. 

We opted for a stack pack on a fully battened mainsail, self tacking jib, and smaller asymmetrical spinnaker. She does appear to move very true to her "Speed Guide" in terms of knots. 

our upgrade options that I am very happy with.
1) Upgraded the bedding, and it is comfortable. Went with a mid grade fabric if I recall, not leather.
2) Ultra anchor package, we loved our Ultra anchor on our old boat, the upgrade with 100m of stainless chain was easy for us.
3) B&G upgrade has very good electronics package at your fingertips while at the helm. 
4) upgraded engine, 72 hp has great stopping power. 8+ knots at 2000 rpm. 

But the upgrade that we are most in love with:
griddle in the cockpit!

Derek

Edited by GUHaus - 09 June 2015 at 03:03
When in doubt go sailing
bovine View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bovine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2015 at 05:38
Hi doesn't that course grease stains on the teak
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>