myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simrad IS20/IS40

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droitdevent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2015 at 20:59
Charles : a simrad dealer lend me the AT10 cable, and i do it myself. all softwares are free.
- download simrad AC12 and AP24 here : http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-US/Support/Downloads/
I haven't found upgrade for IS20 or others...
be carefull : not very easy to do (vista or windows 8 not good in my case, a old XP computer finaly work, i don't know why ?).  "computer" is my job, if you are not very good with it, a dealer is a better solution Smile

the "famous" AT10 cable you need :
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 00:53
Many thanks for the info. My computers are Vista and 8, so I guess I will leave it to a dealer.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
GrainDeSel View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrainDeSel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 19:37
Hello
AT10 is sold without connector. Do you know the wiring between AT10 and USB connector ?
Thank
Jean marie
Best regards
Jean-Marie
H385#139 june 2012
droitdevent View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droitdevent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 21:03
Jean-marie : sorry but I don't have this wiring diagram...
H375 #822 july 2011
Port du Crouesty - Brittany
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 23:31
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 10:52
BTW:
I think you all discuss the ST10 and not the AT10
thoese are totally diffrent parts, as far as i understand!

The st10 you need for upgrading your software (ST10 Simnet to your USB PC/Laptop)
The at10 you need to connect NMEA 183 plotters in example to simnet (AT10 Simnet NMEA 0183 Converter converts data on NMEA0183)

So do not buy a AT10 for upgrading the software.
The bad thing is, that simrad does not continue to produce the st10 anymore. So we all cannot upgrade the software in the future. So far i do have the software from 2008. Never change a running system, but what will i do maybe in 1 or two years?????

Anybody here who owns a st10?

Blake 370
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 12:08
I have a CAN-bus adapter (Kvaser Leaf) that I use to upgrade my instruments and the autopilot.

I recall that there was a problem using a computer running a later operating system than XP.

I could probably help updating somebody else's instrument if they're either desperate or simply live nearby.

Johan
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 17:12
Originally posted by Peter-Blake Peter-Blake wrote:

BTW:
I think you all discuss the ST10 and not the AT10
thoese are totally diffrent parts, as far as i understand!

The st10 you need for upgrading your software (ST10 Simnet to your USB PC/Laptop)
The at10 you need to connect NMEA 183 plotters in example to simnet (AT10 Simnet NMEA 0183 Converter converts data on NMEA0183)

So do not buy a AT10 for upgrading the software.
The bad thing is, that simrad does not continue to produce the st10 anymore. So we all cannot upgrade the software in the future. So far i do have the software from 2008. Never change a running system, but what will i do maybe in 1 or two years?????

Anybody here who owns a st10?

Wow, good point Peter. I didn't check into it but a quick google on ST-10 makes it quite clear...

I wonder if it's physically different though. Perhaps it's a bundle with the AT-10 and some software. A dealer might be able to tell you. Definitely worth checking before buying the AT-10 though.

Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
droitdevent View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droitdevent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2015 at 21:59
Peter and Steve : sorry for my mistake, ST10 is the good name for this simnet / usb kit !
As I said, a dealer loaned me this kit and I upgrade my AP24 / AC12 with a XP computer.
Since septembre 2014 (after my tests) you can download a new driver windows 2008, the chalenge is to find the ST10...
H375 #822 july 2011
Port du Crouesty - Brittany
shaukaas View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaukaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 19:43
If you have a NSE/NSS-series of plotter from Navico (Simrad/B&G/Lowrance/Northstar) you can probably upgrade all of your IS20-series of instrumentation from your plotter.

All firmware is available from the vendor homepage.

I have updated my IS20 Combi, IS20 Graph, IS20 Wind, AP24 control head, AC12 AP Computer, WR20 remote control + NSE8 chartplotter several times - and there are a few bugfixes resolving a few minor bugs here and there...
S/Y Nadun - Hanse 320#171

LG3600 - NOR13510

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>