myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conversion from Tiller ti Wheel steering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conversion from Tiller ti Wheel steering
    Posted: 06 September 2016 at 07:26
Hi all,

As I want to Change from tiller to wheel steering on my boat Hanse 342, I have one qustion, does anyone have the measurement of the distance between center of rudderstock (topbearing ) and the Center of the wheel pedestal?

best regards,
Rudolf
robh View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 11:51
I have the 341 with wheel steering, which is virtually identical and I don't know if I have this dimension in my documentation but I will be on the boat next week, so I can look or measure this for you.

Have you not asked Hanse or your local Hanse dealer?

Cheers,

Rob
"Blue Horizon" Hanse 341#113 Portsmouth Harbour UK
talina View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2016 at 13:05
Hey Rob, I did not talk to anybody from Hanse, but thank you for your assistance, it has a little bit time, because I want start changing in winter season.

Thank you und best regards
Rudolf
robh View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 01:12
Hi Rudolf,

Not a problem to help a fellow Hanse owner, would you like me to try for the data & or measure my setup?

Cheers,

Rob
talina View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 06:35
Hey Rob,

the real measurement would be good, because I don't trust drawings so much!

echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 14:18
Hi Rudolf,. Just measured my Hanse 341 and the distance is 85 centimetres. This is at the height of the top bearing. As the rudder stock is my vertical it won't be the same lower down. If you want any more measurements let me know

Steve
Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
robh View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 20:48
Steve,

You came to my rescue on the water pipe route now you have done the same for Rudolf.

Great job enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Rob
talina View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2016 at 21:20
Hey Steve thank you for information, wintertime is close by and in that time I will start the project wheelsteering. But in meantime a few weekends will be left for sailing also with a tiller
echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 09:33
No problem, I'm on board in Roscoff heading for Portsmouth so any other measurements needed just let me know
Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
talina View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2016 at 08:03
So "Talina" is ashore inside the hall Cry, starting of modification to wheelsteering will start soon Confused, I'll keep you informed about that Project .

best regards,
Rudolf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>