myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Size of holding tank

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoergK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 13:58
Hello Frank,

Thank you for your reply. I had looked at your nice installation and was actually hoping for the possible location for a larger installation. Your 120 L grey tank interests me, where did you install it (don't know where the prod locker is), how is it connected and what is fed in to it?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers, Jörg
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 14:30
Sorry Joerg, this was a typo, should read port locker. Here is a photo:
in the front you see 2 drawers above the tank for all the nitty gritty stuff, the PE can collects the drip water from the calorifier.
Frank
JoergK View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoergK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2017 at 03:02
Thanks Frank, much appreciated.

Kind regards, JoergK
JoergK View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoergK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2021 at 20:05
Hello all 415 and 418 owners,

I am now actually in the decision making process to buy a sailboat just over 40'. I have chartered many Hanse from 385 to 418 over the past 5 years and the 418 is my top choice, but the standard holding tank makes the decision probably go to the Catalina 425.

Does anyone from Hanse read any of the threats in this forum? Or only the once that please them. A boat like the 418 should have a minimum of 50 gal/ 190L, not a 15 gal bucket. How can one build the nicest boat but f.....-up on this point.

This shows managements disrespect for the environment!

In Deutsch: Jungens ich scheiße Euch doch auch nicht vor die Haustüre!

I am sorry for this strong language, but I hope to hear the reason for Hanse's way of thinking.

JoergK.
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2021 at 04:37
JoergK,

I think you will find Hanse and other EU boat builders build to the EU regulations. If Canada or US or other countries outside of the EU let these boats in to be sold in their market it is maybe the fault of those jurisdictions which are at fault not Hanse or Jeanneau or Beneteau or Bavaria etc.   
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2021 at 08:40
Joerg, your profane language does not lead the discussion anywhere.
Hanse, Bavaria, Jeanneau know their target markets. Currently 90% will
not have the need to have holding tank with several days autonomy for
a bigger boat. The mickey mouse holding tank Hanse installs are good for use, when in port.
All production yards rely for the few with restrictions on aftermarket solutions,
ideally to be ordered in the built phase.
On European lakes the same regulations are in place like you describe and nearly every marina has
a pump out station, which is FOC. Its a quick process, less than 5 minutes per boat. Netherland
and the Nordic countries are moving ahead tightening the regulations, but the pump out infrastructure is lagging.
Interestingly Turkey is way ahead of Europe to keep the marinas and shoreline clean.

Imho the next generation of serial production boats will have a solid waste water management as an option. This will need some volume which is lost for comfort and space which is important for the charter market. 

I am occassionally skippering a larger motor yacht. Technically this has the infrastructure of a little village:
- Electricity  ( 2 big gen sets )
- Water Works ( Water maker )
- Waste Management ( Incineration Plant )
- Sewage Treatment ( approved for in port usage )
- "Cat House" ( Power )
- Fuel Management ( Fuel polishing, day tanks, Fuel quality sensors ..... )
All this equipment requires 15 - 26 hours qualified maintenance per week. For sewage treatment we have to keep an electronic log. I recently had to welcome French authorities on board, who did a very detailed check on the sewage treatment.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12