myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anchor upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2018 at 21:56
Is the 15kg size sufficient for the 385, as it’s at the max for the size of boat. Just wondered if you have ever wished you’d gone for a 20kg?
Mr Blue Sky - 385 #359 - Sail safe sail Hanse.
AndyS View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2018 at 14:18
We have had no problem using the 35 pound Mantus, although I have not tried it in anything approaching storm conditions. The next size up was 45 pounds and I did not think it would fit on the bow roller without modifications. I carry an extra Fortress anchor on board, and I think if I ever needed more holding power I would deploy the second anchor also. 
Andy
Moonraker
River Dunes, NC
Mr Bluesky View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 07:57
Hi,, would it be possible to see a picture of the anchor on the bow roller, and what small mod did you carry out to retain the anchor? I am looking at the Rocna 20Kg but don’t want to have to perform any drastic changes.
Thanks.
AndyS View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 21:57
Here are a few pictures. The only modification I had to do was rasp about 1mm off the small pin that is on the rod that goes through the anchor. There is still plenty of the pin left to keep the rod from sliding out. The pictures of the Mantus swivel are on the old anchor, but it fits the same and allows the anchor locker hatch to close with about 1mm to spare. As much as the next size anchor would be nice, this one fits well and has performed well. And I like that their stainless steel anchor has a somewhat dull finish that does not show dirt or wear. 
Andy
Moonraker
River Dunes, NC
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 17:30
Thanks for this. I have just been sold a 20kg by Jimmy Green Marine in UK, they said it was their best seller and strongly recommend. They have also said they will exchange for the Mantus if it does not fit as I wish, so I have a few months to play around until I’m likely to drop it in the water. I know it’s sales pitch, but as far as I can see the rollbar type all pretty much work the same, pay your money take your choice. I’ll post a picture once I’ve finished faffing. Thanks again. Adrian.
AndyS View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2018 at 17:50
Keep us posted!
Andy
Moonraker
River Dunes, NC
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bluesky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2018 at 20:41
20kg Rocna now fitted with Mantus 6-8mm swivel, needed to file down a little off the retaining pin same as you. Tried the larger swivel but that won’t fit through the side profile of the bow roller, but the smaller one still looks pretty chunky and I’m confident will perform as required. Also increased chain length to 50m, anymore and it starts to pile up, and that causes the chain to catch in the Gypsy when feeding out.

Can’t wait for Spring - November sucks!
AndyS View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2018 at 20:49
Glad the 20KG fits! That will be terrific, and coupled with the Mantus swivel should be awesome. Thanks for the update. 
Andy
Moonraker
River Dunes, NC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123