myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 531 / 540
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fridge evaporator replacement. Small hatch!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fridge evaporator replacement. Small hatch!!
    Posted: 10 June 2017 at 09:23
Hi all,
We have to replace the 'O' shape evaporator in the Isoterm fridge at a Hanse 540e.
There is only a little hatch under the cook, that only allows you to check connections and bearly get your arm through the hole.
Do i really need to open my way through the furniture? Has anyone tried any other solution?
Im beginning to not get surprised about this kind of Hanse jokes. This guys are hilarious!!!

Thanks for your help
"Navigare necesse est, vivere non necesse" Plutarco
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 19:17
461/470 Topic: isotherm fridge failure
You ain't seen nothing yet!
As you can see in this topic, first the Isotherm unit is placed in the hull, and then the pantry is build (and glued together) around it. - I have sawed the thing in pieces in my boat, but you are in for a surprise when you want to remove the compressor. The damned thing is assembled at the factory, and if you want to remove it, you need to make a great hole in the fibreglass hull, or remove the entire Isotherm cooling unit - and thereby dismantle almost the entire pantry.
The tubes from the compressor to the evaporator is moulded into the styrofoam, and if the technician can't weld an new evaporator to the old tubes inside the cooling box, there may be some hard thinking to do. I'm talking about a 400 from 2006, your pantry may be different.

Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
 Post Reply Post Reply