myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 350
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boat rack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat rack
    Posted: 10 February 2018 at 16:13
what boatrack should i use for my Hanse 350?

I was told that i cannot use a normal rack or stand with 4 legs, because the Hanse is 
very heavy at the back.

Best regards Peter
JUTTER View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUTTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 17:02
Peter,

The local yard always used their normal 4 leg stand for my H350 without any problem. In fact the boat rests on the keel and the stands do mainly stabilize the boat, they don't take the full weight of the boat.

Claude

JUTTER, Hanse 350#0256, 2010, deep keel, Zeeland
PekkaL View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PekkaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 17:54
I'd use (& use with my 371)  a normal rack with 4 legs + additional support behind the drive.
Pekka Leppanen, "Vedette"
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:04
It's winter in Denmark. Go and have a look at all the Hanses standing in their racks close by the harbour. There must be a couple of Hanse boats in your own harbour.
If you are nervous about the Hanse weight being unevenly positioned, just place a extra support behind the s-drive. Placing a strap (truck type/lastbilstrop) from the rack over the deck, will also help the boat to stay firmly in the rack.

Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 16:57
I also do not see why the yard is so fussy about Hanses, as I cannot see why they should differ from a yacht fitted with a saildrive.  Make sure they yard know where the saildrive is when lifting the yacht out.

The first photo shows my 341 on one of the yard 4 leg cradles in the year when I first bought it and the mast is down so I could have some work done on it. 

The second photo shows the cradle I have used for a few years.  Largs Marina in Scotland is quite exposed and they do not allow yachts to be supported with just props if the mast is up, it has to be on a cradle.  The Yard people thought my transportable cradle was a bit light, so they have put in a couple of extra props.  The mast was down the year this photo was taken for a rigging check, but normally it would stay up.

As mentioned previously, the bulk of the weight of the yacht should be on the keel.  One point to remember is to make sure the adjustment screws on the legs are locked off, as they can work loose during a windy weather.

I have actually added another pair of legs to the cradle this year, just to make it more secure, especially since more of the boat yard has now been tarmacced and hence they cannot use props in that area..

I wish the weather in Scotland was always as good as it looks in those photos

Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
JUTTER View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUTTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 18:45
Peter,
Since an image tells more than a thousand words i join this image to complete my earlier post.
Claude

alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 21:03
Jutter I think your cradle is way to small.
If something happens during the winter and your boat gets damage your insurense probebly will not pay.
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
JUTTER View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUTTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 21:24
Alettaenmarcel,

The cradle on the image is only used while my boat is on the hard for antifouling and servicing anodes etc. She is lifted out of the water in the morning and put afloat again the same evening, or the day after at last.
But you are probably right about the size of the cradle if I intended leaving the boat on the cradle for a longer period or for the winter. But that would still be a (bigger sized) cradle with no more than 4 legs. In case of any doubt, adding an extra stabilizing support aft of the saildrive is easily done.
Claude
h315idra View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h315idra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 22:12
Idra (315#526) on 6+1 points
Alessandro Camerini

315#526

Marina di Salivoli, Piombino ITALY
peterr View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 13:13
Thank you for alle your help

Best regards Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>