myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extra screen for B&G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra screen for B&G
    Posted: 01 June 2018 at 06:50
The screen on the B&G zeus 2 - 9" is not that big and making route planning is not that easy seen you loose or the details or the overview. I Installed already the GO Free module connected to the Ipad pro but still the same issue and seen the connection goes over the Go Free, it is a bit slower and not that accurate. I saw in the Allures 39.9 a nice option, see picture Tongue.
They use also the B&G chart-plotter and they made a connection to a oversized screen on the nav station.
Can someone tell me how this is made, i would install a bigger touch screen inside to make rout planning, directly connected and by the Go Free. Maybe not that big seen its a bit too much, but anyway looks great !!

Looking forward to see your solutions Wink

Best regards
/C
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 08:19
I'd like something like that!

I use a 12" 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop running Windows 10 and would love to be able to use the GoFree Link app on this device at the chart table.

I tried running the Android Link app under BlueStacks and it can connect to the MFD but when I try to control it, everything locks up.

Incidentally the latest GoFree Link app has made improvements that (finally) allow you to control the MFD functions from a phone (rather than just tablets).
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
chrgra View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrgra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2018 at 13:21
When you install opencpn on your laptop you can connect opencpn very easy with go free wifi. The only issue is that your mdf have to be turned on, otherwise the go free wifi-1 will not work (network connection with the mdf, no nmea2000 connection). Other solution is a transponder with wifi. Regard chris. Ps you have to buy charts for opencpn, but these are good and relative cheap.
Hanse 385 Charlotte #363
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 06:37
Hi All,

I asked the right person and YES I found it Tongue. Seen the technology is brand new it has a certain price / value. 

http://kara.technology/en/table-tactile-kara/

Enjoy !!
Best regards
/C
Ist View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 14:35
Looks great! and expensive

In the meantime, it works fine for us to sync the ipad/iphone navionics app over wifi on B&G Vulcans. We don't need the GoFree module even. Routes, waypoints etc can transfer from iPad to the MFDs this way. 

The B&G "mirroring" app is useless...

But, for other purposes, been using the "watch leader" app recently - picks up data from the Vulcan wifi, and can display all NMEA data on an iOS screen. Makes me wonder whether I will ever by another triton panel again...

Post Reply Post Reply