myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connection to Isotherm water heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ian View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connection to Isotherm water heater
    Posted: 03 July 2018 at 08:53
Dear All, 

Thank you for the help. Happily, by adding an extra fibre washer I was able to seal the connection temporarily.  When the season is ended I will be able tackle the job properly.

Regards

Ian
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 07:39
Please look into Pex tube - crimp ring fitting on youtube. In Sweden we use connectors like this https://www.bauhaus.se/vvs-och-installation/rorinstallation/pexkopplingar/klamringskopplingar-pex-15-mm.html
I believe these are better than the pressed ones as they are easier to replace.
Im going to replace my heather soon and I will also consider to have a ball valve in order to make next change easier.

Marco
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
sflier View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 15:36
That's a 1/2" BSP British fitting. The gasket should be fiber if original. As stated above it's a Prineto tube and fitting from Italy. Search my posts and you'll find a link to more information including a link to their catalog.
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 13:26
The manufacutrer is IVT Prineto.

BR Thomas
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 21:37
I have the same issue. The tube is a german "standard" AluPex and I have tried to find fittings with no sucess. Right now I have a normal heat resistant hose mounted on the outside of the pipe but is has developed into a leakeage between the pex and alu part. If any one knows where to get the fitting that fit to the original pipe I would be happy to know.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
Ggerrit View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ggerrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 18:27
sent me a pm ; if you know what you need exactly... I think 1/2"inside to 15 mm 
Ian View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 12:13
Hi Guys,

I need to replace one of the 15mm connectors on the inlet side of my water heater.  The 15mm semi-rigid water pipe on my 2006 370 is not common in the UK.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply