myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Cruising
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baltic overwinter options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baltic overwinter options
    Posted: 23 September 2018 at 20:01
I'm keen to return to the Baltic having spent nearly 3 months there in 2016. Everything about our time there was excellent - everyone we encountered - ashore or afloat - was exceptionally friendly. However we needed longer. We didn't manage to get to the Swedish Archipelago, for example. 

My enquiry is to ask for recommendations for places to over winter next year - ie in late 2019. This would give me a couple of seasons (2019 and 2020) to explore further before returning to the UK at the end of summer 2020.

I'm interested (I think) in the heated shed option in a yard that can take care of most things - inc haul out/wash off/mast lowering & raising/engine & gearbox service/antifoul/hull polish. And ideally one that has good (public) transport links to an airport. Previously I'd left BrightStar at Kastrup Marina, near to Copenhagen. This worked well for during the summer period but I don't think would be suitable for the winter.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Richard M

(S/Y BrightStar - H 455 #90; ex S/Y Providence - H 400e #290)
Nielf001 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nielf001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 20:14
Check out www.swedeportmarina.se. Website in english, due to having lots of foreign clients. Beautiful located just South of Stockholm.

Regards Niclas
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2018 at 20:44
Thanks Niclas!
Richard M

S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 08:31
You might consider Greifswald since they know all about Hanse!  It is far enough south for a heated shed to be considered unnecessary. I kept Ningaloo there for three winters before leaving the Baltic.  The sheds were booked up by the time I took delivery of my new boat and I stored the boat outside with the mast off and stored undercover and the deck and hull to the waterline shrink wrapped.  This was a very economical solution which kept the boat in pristine condition.
Greifswald proved to be a great base with flights via Berlin and options to explore the Baltic States, East Sweden to the Stockholm archipelago or West Sweden / Denmark to Oslo.

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Richard M View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 08:39
A great suggestion S&J. I visited the Hanse factory Greifswald whilst BrightStar was being built and thought it an attractive place but couldn't stay for very long. Did the yard provide a dehumidifier to leave on board? Or any form of heating? 

Many thanks

Richard

Richard M

S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:20
Electric power is available in the storage yard but it is switched off overnight.
I didn't use any heater or dehumidifier and had no problems with damp.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
 Post Reply Post Reply