myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Tank sensor - SOLVED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Schjoto View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schjoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 23:02
Thank you very much Richard!
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 22:41
hi Tom,
Below my replies:
1) I used the same spot; you have to remove the old sensor (I used a pipe wrench piers to unscrew it) and then I made a new hole which fitted the size of the sensor flange
2) you need to bridge the two pins (as shown in my photo) to ‘instruct’ the board to read the new slot
3) I used the TGT250 from Philippi. This Philippi sensor is bolted but you ned the SAE adapter to use the existing holes.

I hope this helps

Richz

Schjoto View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schjoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 22:53
Thank you for this useful information. For supply reasons, I plan to use the Wema sensor (https://wema.co.uk/products/fuel-sender?variant=29703058311which can be used for both water and diesel - I have a H345 as well. A few questions:

1. On the water tank, did you use the same spot to mount the new sensor or did you drill a new hole? If you used the original spot, did it fit well with the flange? If you drilled a new hole in the tank, did you then remove the “sensor pins” from the original sensor? Any pictures?
2. RICHZ wrote that he bridged the first and the last pin of the 5 pins water slot. I will follow this, but why is it necessary since another slot is being used?
3. The Wema sensor can be used also for diesel. What length did you select and is it being screwed or bolted in the diesel tank?
Thanks in advance :-)
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 22:13
I used the TGW 300 made by Philippi (as suggested by Fendant).

If you look at the photos you can see the wires at both ends; I used the white and the grey and ignored the others.
What really made the trick was the bridge I have made to connect the first and the fifth pins in the 5 pins water slot.

If your panel is arranged differently then you should get the updated handbook.

Cheers,

Rich

CrocDundee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrocDundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 16:20
Much appreciated, this seems very useful progress. 

Could you summarise the new gauge (type and length), the wiring at the gauge end that eventually worked, and the wiring at the panel end that eventually worked? We are in a 345 that needs this enhancement, but some of the gauges and panel on ours are different, so understanding what worked for you will be invaluable. We have the similar 5 cable connection as you show. 

Ta.
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 13:56
Pleasure!
And BTW inverting white and grey wires is completely irrelevant.
What you need to have the 2 wires 3-180 ohm slot working is bridging the first and the last pins on the correspondent 5 pins water slot.
I have also tried the same with water slot nr 1, which did not work correctly (I guess it is a problem related to my own panel) as it was continously and swifly switching from zero to accurate reading.

sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 10:54
Thx for sharing the Experience! Good to know.....
best regards

Bjoern

richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 18:38
I have now got to the bottom of it!

I have bridged the first and the last pin of the 5 pins water slot and connected the two wires 3-180 ohm connection from the Philippi water sensor to the Water 2 slot: eureka! It works

Below the bridge described above:

richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 22:36
Hi Ariette,

They are produced by STOCKO and the model of the connector is RFK 2 MFK 13260, 2-pins.
I found them on eBay.
If you see from the diagram I posted above you should also be able to find the order of the different slots on the main board.
I have connected the two pins connector to the diesel 2 slot and it works perfectly.
I now want to try on the Water 1 slot by inverting the two wires in order to have the ground on the correct side and see if I am able to have it work also on the Water tank slot.

Cheers,

Richard

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 17:07
Hello Ariette,

if you have not replaced the crappy 5 wire Hanse sensor by something more reliable( like RichZ did) you need to connect all 5 wires for the water tank sensor.

BR
Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>