myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Tank sensor - SOLVED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 16:09
well done, Frank! Very good memory. 
The right sequence to enter the configuration menu (i.e. to  ‘enable/disable’ items from the menu) is press in sequence and hold the three buttons (arrows up, down and enter). 

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 21:05
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

b) up, down and menu button simultaneously 
This will bring you to another level where you have the list of all sensors and you can enable/disable via the menu button each sensor.
Finally you have only the list in the display of your enabled sensors ( in my  case only engine,service and bow battery ). All tank sensors are wired to my Philippi tank monitor.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help.
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 12:55
Originally posted by richz richz wrote:

Can you tell me a bit about how you changed the fresh water sensor?? Mine has a sensor hole, but it appears to be filled with epoxy. How did you proceed??

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 13:03
Knut, I left the crappy sensor in place and drilled a new hole adjacent to the inspection fitting. The I used two wires of the existing cable to connect the new sensor it is simple resistance measurement.
Just connect these two wires to one of the resistance sensor junctionson the Würth panel and you are done.Hug
Frank
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 13:47
Thanks, I'll leave it in then
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 20:34
Originally posted by oj_knut oj_knut wrote:

Originally posted by richz richz wrote:

Can you tell me a bit about how you changed the fresh water sensor?? Mine has a sensor hole, but it appears to be filled with epoxy. How did you proceed??

If you use a pliers wrench you should be able to unscrew the whole thing. Then you need to widen the hole using a hole saw drill bit with matching size. This way you avoid making a second hole in the tank

Deckboy View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deckboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2023 at 20:52
Hi, i have similar issue with connecting new water level sensor upon replacing my fresh water tank. Tank came with 2 wire sensor. But my "calibra panel 210" Does have only 5 wire slots for fresh water tanks and 2 wire for diesel tank. I managed to read level by removing diesel tank gauge and connecting water tank gauge to diesel tank slot. Do we have any solution for above case? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123