myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

105% jib on my 375 hanse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 105% jib on my 375 hanse
    Posted: 23 November 2019 at 10:27
I would like to install a 105% jib on my 375 hanse, and install genoa rails with an adjustable car on the roof. between the mast and the shrouds. but there is the halyard protection cover.
I don't know how to do it.
is there a hanse 375 with this modification and if so how was the assembly done?
thank you
tango View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2019 at 21:08
thank you for the answers
 I have a good look at the very good website we sail hanse.
but it is hanse 370 and the halyard protection cover is different on the 375 . because it covers the entire roof while on the 370 they can be fixed on the edge .
if I can't find a solution, I will study the possibility of putting friction rings like on Pogo or JPK
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 07:07
that is what I would also do. Go through the cover on the coachroof. You only need to find a solution for the sideloads at the cover
Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 19:52
you ca also workt with the standard rails on the side deck and use a set off “inf**kers”
Than it is possible to sheet the jib more near to the mast.
Gr Marcel
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
jracoffman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jracoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 11:59
I have a better solution.  Don’t install the tracks and use inhaulers.  I did this on my Hanse 375 last year for racing in heavier air.   Works very well.  PM me your email and I can send pictures.  

James C
Gemini, Hanse 375 #644
USA 60468
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 10:27
I agree, use the unhauler solution. Easier and more flexible. I installed that on my Hanse400 a few years ago. I have spliced 2 dynema lines togehter to be able to control both sides at the same time. I'm using the port winch and one of the jammers.  Each of them has a 2:1 purchase (se picture). I connected the low-friction ring to a rubber cord to get it above deck. In the picture you can se that the cord is routed thru a small block, giving me more cord to strech. Works well! The sheet you can se is for the main (German Sheeting). I also attacht a picture from a local race where I just left a Dehler 47 behind.

/Jesper
Jesper
Hanse 400e
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2019 at 10:31
Another picture how I attached the in-hualer to the deck. Another benefit going from self-tacker to 107% is the possibility to store the Dingy on the fore-deck.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
 Post Reply Post Reply