myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My updates on Hanse 400 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My updates on Hanse 400 2012
    Posted: 17 April 2020 at 08:58
Hey,

I have made som updates on my Hanse 400. I live in Sweden where there is very shallow from time to time so keep an eye on the charts is very important. I have dubble steeringwheel so I wanted to have chartplotters on both sides. 

This was the original instrument setup.

New setup, both chart and windinstrument 
Raymarine Axiom 9"

I changed the original 12" Simrad to a Raymarine 9"
Since it was smaller I made a carbon box (first time playing with carbinfibre). 

Both chartplotters are connected with network and nmea2K so all information i visible on both. 

We have no need for 4 hanginglockers in the boat. so in the two aft cabins I made this to fit smaller items. 
VERY strange that the picture flipped when I uploaded it.. 

The box was baught on Bauhaus, I made a distance under it and made a shelf ontop with a teak front to stop things to fall out. And most important I secured a strap around so the drawers dont fall out when heeld over.

Today I will go look for a carpet to put on the floors - the floors are really cold to walk on..  

Rikard_Swe View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 08:23
I changed the old AGM bank to Lithium bank. 360Ah. 
Works much better than AGM. 
One week is no problem without chargin. 
Old cables - did not want to throw everything out, thats why it looks abit crappy.. 
Two solarpanels, one is mounted 45W and a new 85W will be mounted in the near future. 
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 08:49
The fllormaterial in these boats are in our opinion very cold to walk on. We had a thaught to change the floorboards. But instead we put down a carpet ontop of the floorboards. Made it a new boat. 

We have the traveler infront of the steering wheels - that means no table - we had a loose table last year, did not work out well. So now we made a detatchabe table. 

When not in use. 

Time to dine

When moored but not dining time.. Just for drinks.. 

Next project is to mount our watermaker, we want to mount it under the dinett, infront of the kitchen.
I have started to find a way to pull the electics and watertubes in the existing stringers - tight as h**l.. I have a inspection camera, in the middle of the boat there is a wall where I seem to get stuck, almost a meter from the kitchen kabinet - that is where I will come into the stringers. 
I lifted the floor boards - there are no way to come down to the tubes. Under the floor boards there are about 150 mm of free space if someone needs more storage.. :) 

Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 08:47
Pulling cables and pipes was a greater and more difficult job than I would ever had expected. 

I needed to drag pipes and cables from the kitchen to the toilet. 

I tried for hours with pipes, different tools to come trough, then I borrowed an inspection camera. 

These type of obsticales is under the stringers on 3 places so it seemed like an impossible mission.. 

After alot of time i found this shortcut. it took me 3 hours to get the first tool to the space under the shower and another 2 hours to fetch it so I could get it out. 

Dogscout View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dogscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 00:41
All is very nice work.  Looks great.
Adventure awaits
S/V Rocinante View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S/V Rocinante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 18:48
Looks great!
Out of curiosity, where do you stow the table and pedestals when not in use?

Carlos & Maria
S/V Rocinante - 2007 Hanse 400e #127
spam View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2020 at 04:05
Nice work.  What did you install in terms of Lithium battery?  I am considering changing the AGMs for lithium as well

Harold
SV Ventus
Hanse 415/314
Boston
Rock View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2020 at 08:38
Nice job Rikard.

You installed a cable from the cabinet under the sink to the space under the shower?
What is the purpose?

Regards,
Peter
Hanse 400e "M-square2" #0241
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 06:44
Originally posted by S/V Rocinante S/V Rocinante wrote:

Looks great!
Out of curiosity, where do you stow the table and pedestals when not in use?

Hi, as for now we stow it in the 3:rd cabin. It is a sturdy table - so it is big and heavy. Im thinking of building a rack behind the closet in the 3:rd cabin to have it "standing" against the closet. 
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikard_Swe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2020 at 06:46
Originally posted by Rock Rock wrote:

Nice job Rikard.

You installed a cable from the cabinet under the sink to the space under the shower?
What is the purpose?

Regards,
Peter

The two white cables run from the kitchen to the electric cabinet - the way to go was trough the shower. 

One are for 220V power to the watermaker. and one is for 12V to the primepump to the watermaker. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>