myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 531 / 540
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 540 questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 13:14
This is how our joints on several places where before replacement 
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
Jim Tinsdeall View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Tinsdeall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2020 at 08:11
Hi 
Thanks for the photo of the rudder stock its explained a lot , I did look as closely as possible at this area whilst the boat was in the slings and it appeared a lot  better but will drop the rudder as soon as the opportunity arises. In terms of the simrad package I have never had an integrated package before always went for individual items and simplicity. The navigation equipment as listed on the boat is  NAVIGATION AIDS
Simrad Combi IS12 at nav station
Simrad RS82 VHF at nav station
Simrad DS44 plotter in cockpit table pod
Plastimo compass
Simrad AP16 autopilot at starboard helm
Simrad IS12 wind at starboard helm
Simrad IS12 data at starboard helm
Simrad IS12 data at port helm
Simrad IS12 wind at port helm
Simrad AI50 plotter at port helm
Radar radome on spreader

Any view appreciated 

The bow fitting picture was useful and I am walking around Marinas looking at bow fittings to pick up design ideas to acheive the necessary function with the least offence to the current very sleek bow image

Regards Jim 

Jim Tinsdeall
Cornwall Hanse 540
Dominus
Matt1 View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2020 at 16:40
I'm not familiar with the Simrad AP16 gear but am guessing by the age that it would be a relatively simple controller linked to fluxgate compass. If that is so then there is a night and day difference with a modern 9 axis controller like you find with the latest B&G / Raymarine gear. I'm simply amazed by my 2018 B&G controller - which can keep my 418 straight and true in a variety of conditions and with the wind astern and a following sea. It generally does a much better job that me and is faster too! Those 9 axis controllers really make a difference
Hanse 418 #64 EmBer. Hamble, UK

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Tinsdeall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 10:31
Hi Matt
In terms of the navigation equipment my thoughts are to try what is on the boat to start of with and then make any decisions after a while although it will probably take a while to get used to it. The forum has been very helpful so far and there will be many questions to come.
Regards Jim 
Jim Tinsdeall
Cornwall Hanse 540
Dominus
serdarsenturk View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serdarsenturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 13:11
b) The boat will live on a swinging mooring in the summer and the retractable anchor bracket does not seem like the right answer has anyone made a bow roller and if so a photo would be appreciated

I made a very extensive change in the bow of the boat. The windlass has been upgraded from 1000W to 1700W. An anchor platform was mounted at the bow. The cover of the chain cabinet has been modified. The epoxy structure on the bow was strengthened.

Serdar
Serdar Senturk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Tinsdeall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2021 at 12:15
Thanks for the photo of the bow fitting. 
The purchase has now gone through and I am waiting for the Standing rigging replacement which is due to be completed any day now. There is of course then the difficulty of the UK being in lockdown for an unknown period with the boat being in Lymington and my home port being within Falmouth harbour. So whilst this difficulty is ongoing I have a question or two in relation to electronics 
a) does anyone know where the fluxgate compass will be located 
b) does anyone have a simple line diagram of the simnet and robnet wiring 
c) in terms of autopilot is it possible to retrofit a system to the rudder actuator if so which make etc 
Thanks in advance of any feedback 
Jim Tinsdeall
Cornwall Hanse 540
Dominus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Tinsdeall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 10:35
Jim Tinsdeall
Cornwall Hanse 540
Dominus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Tinsdeall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 10:39
Just for information we made a bow roller for the swinging mooring chain in the picture in the post above. we spent a bit of time trying to make it as inoffensive as possible. The intent is to use it for the swinging mooring also to attach a rope strop to take the load from the chain when anchoring 
Regards Jim
Jim Tinsdeall
Cornwall Hanse 540
Dominus
Moji View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 19:45
Hi All,

I am looking for a company that can make some adjustments to a Hanse 540 in the Greece / Turkey region such as an instrument pod set at steering wheel, osculatie davits, electronic furler and some maintenance (watermaker, generator ect).

Does anyone know a company that delivers the right quality & service at a reasonable price?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12