myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Technical Documentation / Manuals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technical Documentation / Manuals
    Posted: 04 January 2021 at 12:21
Hi All, and best wishes for 2021 to my fellow forum members.

I love my 2007 342 but, as a half-decent sailor but woefully inadequate diy electrician & plumber I find. the lack of "as built" info I can find hugely frustrating. Given how difficult access to system is on the boat, clear documentation of where it was when it left the yard would be so useful (especially on my boat where prior owner did no modifications). 

Anyway, I joined Hanse's "Sentinel" app community, on basis that I'd find manuals there. Only actual "manual" it seems to have for my boat is a 20 page thing called a "Skipper's Manual" (Owners Manual 342 EN 2004). It's really not very good.

From prior owner I got a spiral bound "Owner's Safety Manual Sailing Yacht Hanse 342" in A5 size. It'd better (no schematics, but at least indications of where key things like where and what certain through-hull fitting are). Problem is in way it was photocopied - some key info on left side of pages is ommited. Does anyone have a clean copy of this manual that they can send me a pdf of?

Thanks
Thanks

Alan D
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 12:36
Alan

If you pm your email address, I will send you a 48 page owners manual for a 341 that a previous forum member had sent to me.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Alan D View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2021 at 12:56
Have just done so, thanks Martin.

Are you still at Largs? In September I moved from Kip round to Peterhead on east coast (1hr15m from me in Aberdeenshire, whereas Kip was 3h45m), in anticipation of a lot of travel restrictions. Plan to move to Craobh Haven (sister marina to Kip) at end April / early May, wider environment permitting.

Cheers and all the best for this year.
Thanks

Alan D
rmcmeekin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcmeekin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2021 at 19:16
Alan - I would like to get a copy of that expanded manual if possible
randy.mcmeekin@gmail.com
Many thanks!
Randy
Randy
echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2021 at 09:29
I posted the 341 manual in the tech section a few years ago.I also have all of the original documents that came with 'Echo of Wight' from new in 2003.  Happy to copy and send anything anyone would find useful. 

I found out this year that my builders certificate is incorrect. The certificate says the draft is 1.75. Some sources  say 1.85, but I have never checked.  This year I decided to check whilst she is on the hard. Measuring from the waterline to the bottom of the keel, carefully using a level and its 1.89. I guess its actually 1.85 dry weight.  But fully loaded 1.89

Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2021 at 21:30
Alan

I have sent Randy the info that I sent to you.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
rmcmeekin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcmeekin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2021 at 23:45
I received your e-mail - thank you very much!

Randy
whyworry View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whyworry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 14:16
Hallo Alan,
kann ich eine Copie des Handbuches bekommen?
drburghardt@t-online.de
Danke Jürgen
kenneth View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2021 at 05:17
Hi Steve.

I just bought a 341 from 2002 and would like to hear if I could entice you to send a copy of the manual you have on your boat. My boat is ashore waiting for spring to come Smile

Kenneth

Edited by kenneth - 04 March 2021 at 07:32
echoofwight View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote echoofwight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2021 at 13:35
Hi Kenneth, I,ve sent you a copy by email,  
Steve. Hanse 341 Echo of Wight, . Deep draft and rudder, white hull, Single aft cabin. Raymarine instruments. Raymarine radar. Garmin AIS. Wheel Steering,   Portsmouth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>