myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aft mooring cleat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aft mooring cleat
    Posted: 14 February 2021 at 20:58
Hi we have had 2days of force 8 gusting 10 and the marina just call with a problem with ARLOKO. The aft stbd aft cleat has shear off snapping the holding bolts. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? Are the cleats secured with nut and bolts and if so how accessible are they or are the bolts threaded into the reinforced plate? How easy is the repair? 
Thanks 
H385 #317 2014 Tivat Montenegro
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 00:01
The cleats are secured by bolts through the deck into threaded metal plates embedded in the deck.  There are no nuts on the bolts.
You can see the ends of these bolts if you look into the voids being the aft cabin/cockpit locker.
If the bolts have sheared and cannot be extracted I guess you will need to have them drilled out.  Maybe you can try extracting them from below if they extend far enough to get two nuts onto?

I am wondering if you used any type of snubber on the stern warp?  If it is short (mine usually are) there will be little give or stretch in the line, even if you use nylon warps so I imagine the shock loads could be high.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Ian2019 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2021 at 04:48
Thanks S&J, this was my thinking that the bolts are into a reinforced metal plate within the decking. When I have chance to get onboard I will be able to have a better inspection of the damage. The bora winds are supose to subside through today so hopefully I should be able to get onboard late afternoon. 
Its good news that the ends of the bolts can be accessed from within the voids and maybe extracted. If all fails as you say I'll have to get them carefully drilled out.

The mooring lines on the cleat where; 1 x 16mm polyester single purpose mooring 3mts, 1 x 14mm polyester general purpose mooring line, boat to shore and back to boat approx 3mt with Unimar in line compensator on one part and 1 x 12mm polyester spring 7-8mts with compensator (which parted earlier in the day).

The marina jetty is protected very well against all but the NNE - NNW broa winds which build without a lot of warning kicking up a very short sea in the bay and can last for several days. 

Again thanks S&J and I hope Covid will allow you to have a joyfull Primal launching. 
H385 #317 2014 Tivat Montenegro
 Post Reply Post Reply