myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new here, question on head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundaydriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new here, question on head
    Posted: 19 February 2021 at 06:47
recently purchased 2018 388 in San Francisco- never owned.Ours did not come with a shower seat that covers the toilet. Curious if that is an upgrade option or if there is a way to purchase? Seems like some have it and others don’t. There is an obvious cut out for the seat so I had assumed it was a standard feature.
Matt1 View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2021 at 07:29
I’ve noticed a couple of the “8” series missing their lids in pictures I’ve come across and the only reason I could think of was that maybe they had the electric flush option and the seat on that bowl would have had insufficient clearance with the moulded lid? Or maybe a non standard head?

Hanse 418 #64 EmBer. Hamble, UK

sundaydriver View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundaydriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2021 at 17:22
Ah, that makes more sense. We have the electric flush option. The toilet bowl geometry does seem slightly larger than the manual option. I would be interested if anyone has decided to build a custom lid. 
Miraculix View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miraculix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2021 at 11:00
My new 418 also comes without the lid, but with a manual toilet. My vendor explained, that this is depending on the toilet size: if a bigger toilet installed, then there is no lid. Haven't seen the boat with my own eyes yet, but on the video, that I received, it looks like the pump handle sticks to high for the standard lid.

Frank

Miraculix, Hanse 418#169, Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply