myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bow roller and anchor winch new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bow roller and anchor winch new
    Posted: 29 March 2021 at 20:22
So, been working on mounting a bowroller on my 320. My 320 differts from others because the opening of the anchor hatch is on the starboard side, where other 320's have it on the port side. It's complex also because of the bowsprit to make a template for the RVS plate the bowrollers should be mounted on, because it really has to be placed to starboard to have enough room for the anchor itself and also, the line the chain makes with the anchorwinch should be minimal, more or less a straight line. So, this is what I figured out more or less, however, not sure yet. If you guys can share a pic with me of the placement of your anchorwinch, that could help. I think I have to mount the anchorwinch also in an angle to have it parallel to the line from the bowroller. And that can be challenging with the base for mounting the anchorwinch. Anyone with some good examples? 

#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 07:02

On our 370 we made a new anchor arm facing straight forward like on the newer Hanse’s. So we eliminated the extra Pin for the Code 0.

Works perfect for us and looks cleaner. The winch is on a special new podest since the 370 had not enough free fall for the chain which blocked under the winch when piled up.

Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 08:40
Hanse320 - Hull#127/08 - Wheel - ST headsail - Yanmar 3YM30 - SD20
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 19:42
Okay, thx. @cptgood; your anchor locker has a flat base, hasn't it? 
#004|Jefa DD1|ACU200|EV1|P70|Raymarine E7|Axiom Pro9s|B&G displays|Emtrak transponder|Lewmar traveller|Dyneema|Flexofold|Carbon pole|ball bearing genoacars|Membrame sails|Spi and asym spi|N2K->Wifi
cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 19:47
Yes, it is flat. I have to "work" the chain down , to avoid piling up but I think is a common issue, I just got used to it.
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2021 at 19:51
Okay, got it. This is the Lewmar 1000 anchorwinch, isn't it? Do you think it would be a problem if it is mounted to the port side of the anchorlocker, as far as possible? So, with the left side of the anchorwinch to the side of the anchorlocker? Look at my pic; it has to be as much to the left as possible.....

cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2021 at 18:21
uploads/5305/Manual-T2388_Lewmar_Pro_Windlass_Issue_3_WEB.pdf

As far as I know there is no problem. Look at this manual though!
mystudio View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 20:54
So, made a new plate for the forestay, anchor bow roller and bow sprit. Problem solved, now looking for an anchor winch! 

Post Reply Post Reply