myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 505/508
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thread pattern on plumbing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBHokie508 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thread pattern on plumbing
    Posted: 06 April 2021 at 02:57
hello,

I’m attempting to install a T in between the flex hose from the faucet and the “hard” pipe where the flex hose connects to. 

This would be for a water filter and separate faucet. 

It looks almost identical to a 3/8” compression fitting but, it seems the 3/8” is a little smaller. 

I’m assuming it’s another thread standard.  Does anyone know which standard those hoses use?  Metric, British, I’ve seen a couple others. And also where to purchase fittings for the specific thread pattern. 

Thanks,
Justin
sflier View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 12:17
I can't be certain regarding yours, but all of the pipe threads on my prior 385 were British BSP.  Here's an explanation of the differences compared with NPT: https://www.ralstoninst.com/news/story/the-difference-between-npt-bspp-and-bspt-seals.

Also, here's a prior post of mine installing a fresh water toilet using BST fittings: https://www.myhanse.com/faucet-feed-connection-size-and-question_topic9596.html

Edited by sflier - 06 April 2021 at 12:21
JBHokie508 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBHokie508 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 03:32
thanks for the advice

I may have to go that route if I can’t find the parts. I asked the guys in the boatyard and they pointed me to a website adaptall.com that should sell what I need. 

Thanks again
Justin 
sflier View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2021 at 13:26
If they don't have what you need, search UK suppliers.  Most ship quickly to the US and shipping isn't very expensive.  Good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply