myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

461 windlass issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richarddaltry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 461 windlass issue
    Posted: 08 April 2021 at 22:52
Hi all,

First question now I finally have my hands on our 461. When we first got the boat (from delivery crew we used extract the boat from Scotland to the Solent in lockdown) I tested the windlass and all worked OK. The next day after isolators and switchboard all shut down and started up again and the windlass only goes out. I can hear the solenoid/relay going when I try to wind in but no movement. Before I take things to bits, check/clean electrical connections etc is there any obvious reason for this I'm not aware of to do with the switchboard? I.e. by design? I've tried turning everything on but had this random thought that maybe they're always wired to deploy as a safety feature but to recover something else needs turning on?

Probably a stupid question by last boat was mk1 muscles so windlass wiring is new to me. 

Thanks, 

Rich. 

richarddaltry View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richarddaltry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2021 at 22:08
So it was a stupid question. Failed solenoid...
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2021 at 20:18
Richard,

Glad to see you've got it sorted and look forward to seeing you out on the Solent
Jon B
470e
http://www.norse-king.blogspot.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply