myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shore Power Boat Fitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shore Power Boat Fitting
    Posted: 17 April 2021 at 00:16
I have noticed the connections inside the shore power adaptor on the stern are showing signs of corrosion. Although I have cleaned up with some wet and dry paper I am thinking of changing out the unit.

Can any one tell me if the four screws that hold the unit in place have captive nuts behind the enclosure or do I need to find a way into the back area in order to change.

Many Thanks

John 
Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2021 at 00:24
John,

99.9% sure they will be normal SS screws into the fiberglass. 
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2021 at 02:14
I agree. I just moved my connector to a new location and in fact they were the usual screws into the fiberglass. No nuts.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
redlion View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2021 at 15:28
I had the same problem , changed the original plastic unit for this Victron Shore Power Inlet Socket in SS (16A / 250V) (asap-supplies.com). not an exact fit so I butchered a kitchen chopping board with the intention of replacing it with teak and then forgot all about it.
It,s not over till the fat lady drowns
cptgood View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2021 at 10:16
I suggest you to buy this:

a bit expensive but very useful to protect the plastic inlet
Hanse320 - Hull#127/08 - Wheel - ST headsail - Yanmar 3YM30 - SD20
 Post Reply Post Reply