myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cockpit sheet and Halyard cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 07:13
This was the technique I used from their video.
Eye splice in dyneema without cover.
I actually used the "difficult" video but found it impossible to open the cover so it became the "easy" version with cover cut rather than fed back through itself.
These are great videos and now I have the app.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 09:53
in the Greek Aegean waters the sun (high UV) and high salt concentration kills our Dyneema ropes in a few years.
 The standard Hanse Dyneema ropes Liros- Gleistein  with polyester cover are not the best quality IMO
We placed extra DX Dyneema covers on this area’s from Premium Ropes to expand the lifetime for less euros. Easy if you follow there videos on the app, 
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12