myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring diagram for garage door hydraulics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring diagram for garage door hydraulics
    Posted: 04 May 2021 at 12:55
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the hydraulics control box on the 575?

I was programming new remotes for my GAMA RF switch (replaced the NIMBLE setup that came with the boat) this weekend.  Everything went fine, but as I've learned,  I tested the remotes *AND* the manual switch on the stern before crawling out of the starboard aft void.    The manual switch seemed to turn it on but never  turn off.   The remotes worked fine.   

I opened up the control box and saw this....   a loose green/yellow wire.  I don't know if this is normal, or if it got pinched off somehow.   Its been fine for a couple of years since installing the GAMA system but without a wiring diagram I can't tell if this is the issue or if its something else.

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 15:00
Can’t help with the wiring, but that green wire hasn’t had the insulation stripped off. My guess is that it’s been unused.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:45
My thought as well, but I have seen the connectors just clip the wire cleaning in cold weather, so...

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:16
Could be as simple as the switch. Mine has a two position rocker for up or down. One day the up position became intermittent.  Not as waterproof as they should be. Did you try bypassing the switch by jumping the wires?
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 13:33

You probably have this diagram. 588’s are very different.  This one is a 575.  It doesn’t show the junction box but it does show all the functional wiring.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 00:38
Saw this,  and my broker's service guy sent me the same one.   It doesn't show the green/yellow wire, but does show white close / black open and the cockpit switching.    I may have to experiment a bit..

Thanks
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 01:59
Just a heads up Rick.  The wires on terminals 9,10,11 and 12 (black and white) are the solenoid drive lines which direct the pump output.  The switched control for up and down are 3,4,5 and 6.  Any parallel control, wireless or otherwise should happen at those connections.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 15:08
Thanks....    It looks like ANOTHER crappy weekend, so probably more project work with this included.

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
 Post Reply Post Reply