myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H418 - Anchor Locker Partition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ranu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H418 - Anchor Locker Partition
    Posted: 08 May 2021 at 00:07
Hanse 418 anchor locker partition for interest and comment.

Edited by Ranu - 08 May 2021 at 00:07
Gratitude View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gratitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 15:38
I like the partition it's a nice organizer for the locker, a bit jealous of the fresh water hose for washdown as well. We have a 2017 415 (Seattle) and frequently anchor in deep water so have a lot of line (100m) that I would like to stow up and out of the way by hanging in the locker, anyone find any good hooks/installation tricks to coil and stow excess line so the chain has room to properly drop in the locker?
David Barnes - Gratitude - Hanse 415 - Seattle, WA
TouchOfGrey View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TouchOfGrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 14:11
David, 
Sorry, I have no good suggestion for stowage of 100m line.

I do have a question to everyone: 
In my H418 purchase agreement it's listed: 50 m length 8 mm ss chain. However I only this summer realized we only have 20m chain.

Anyone with same issue?

And if you have 50 m chain, is this doable in the chain locker? Or is extending the chain with line a better option? And if so, what are your experiences with the Quick windlass?

Henk

Touch of Grey
H418 #028
aripro View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aripro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2021 at 14:55
Hi Henk,

Mine came with 30m of chain which I replaced with 80m. It does fit in the locker but it is a bit limit, so you might have to help the chain a bit to have it evenly spread the chain as you lift your anchor. I wouldn't go for less than 80m though.

The Quick windlass does its job allright, but it is a bit on the "light" side so you should not force it too much. On the positive side, it has a clutch which allows you to drop your anchor firmly and quickly in rough conditions. Someday I intend to replace it with something more robust (like the Lofrans Cayman) but that requires plastics work in the locker.

On the other hand I find the 16kg Delta anchor inadequate for a 10 ton yacht. Choose a modern anchor like the Spade, 20 kg minimum which seems to fit as such.

Aristides

Tranquillity View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranquillity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2021 at 10:51
Henk 
Sounds like they owe you a new anchor chain!

We added 30mtrs of rope to our 30 mtr of chain and upgraded to a 20kg Roccna. The rope sits well on platform next to winch.

So far very pleased, just roccna digs in so well comes up with a lot of mud/clay !

Cheers.
Jon
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2021 at 20:49
Without wishing to hijack the thread and make it about anchor preferences, I swapped the factory supplied Delta with the new Epsilon.  I have been anchoring most nights since taking delivery and so far it is very impressive.  It has dragged a couple of times, once in 30kts with a discarded rope around the flukes (discovered on raising the anchor) and the other in weed.
I think it is a good low cost option and the only minor niggles is that the shank does not place the hole for the retaining pin in the correct location.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Pete In The East View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete In The East Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2021 at 18:06
Hi, 

I’m really interesting know how you got a fresh water supply to the bow locker and what connectors you’ve used forge hose. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply