myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 505/508
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for removing furniture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohthetrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for removing furniture?
    Posted: 17 September 2021 at 20:09
I need to access the inverter behind the Setee. Does anyone have tips or experience with removing the plywood back and seat? It is not obvious to me how.
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2021 at 08:06
This summer I replaced my Mastervolt inverter/charger with a Victron one. We removed the aircon duct and went in and out (out and in) through the aircon vent.
2016 Hanse 505 #120
ohthetrees View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohthetrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2021 at 21:28
Clever. I’m doing the same thing, switching to Victron. Unfortunately the inverter I am switching to is too big to fit through that opening.

The furniture is held together by many brown plastic twist lock fasteners. Even when I loosen them it does not seem to want to come apart.
kipwrite View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipwrite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2021 at 00:47
I installed a freezer and also ran into those brown twist fasteners. 

You'll find that the cabinets are glued together wherever there is a fastener. Some gentle coaxing took apart the furniture around the freezer compartment. The glue was applied in a long, thin strip and it was fairly easy to break the seal. 

No idea if the settee is built the same way but I'd guess it is. 
Kipwrite
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2021 at 01:48
The inverter I installed is the Victron MultiPlus II 12/3000/120 which will do for now. My idea is to install a second one right next to it when I make the change to Lithium, and then I have redundancy if one would fail. I also installed Victron’s Cerbo GX and Color GX touch screen so I can monitor and control everything when I am not on the boat. I really recommend this setup.
2016 Hanse 505 #120
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohthetrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2021 at 06:22
Did you have to mount the 3000kv Multiplus II on its side to fit in? I was leaning toward the multiplus I because it is shorter (but deeper), and I know it will fit there. Cerbo and touch screen on my nav desk preparing to install, along with DIY lithium battery. 

Also, are there really 2 X 70mm2 wires run to the inverter, as in the schematic? 

Edited by ohthetrees - 19 September 2021 at 06:23
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2021 at 07:12
Originally posted by ohthetrees ohthetrees wrote:

Did you have to mount the 3000kv Multiplus II on its side to fit in? I was leaning toward the multiplus I because it is shorter (but deeper), and I know it will fit there. Cerbo and touch screen on my nav desk preparing to install, along with DIY lithium battery. 

Also, are there really 2 X 70mm2 wires run to the inverter, as in the schematic? 

No, it is in exactly the same upright position as the Mastervolt was. It’s tight, but it fits. I am not on my boat, so I can’t tell you about the wires exactly. I did have a conversation with my electrician about upgrading some of the wiring to bigger diameter as the existing wiring is too thin for continuous higher loads.

Do tell more about your DYI Lithium!
2016 Hanse 505 #120
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohthetrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 03:44
Maybe I’ll write up my conversion. Especially if it is a success!

Short version is I’m building my own 4P4S 1120ah battery with REC BMS, adding external regulation to the alternator, a victron 3000va inverter/charger, 2x victron solar MPPT, and a cerbo gx to tie it all together. 
FalParsi View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalParsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 08:23
Originally posted by ohthetrees ohthetrees wrote:

Maybe I’ll write up my conversion. Especially if it is a success!

Short version is I’m building my own 4P4S 1120ah battery with REC BMS, adding external regulation to the alternator, a victron 3000va inverter/charger, 2x victron solar MPPT, and a cerbo gx to tie it all together. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if I am not the only one who finds that interesting! Good luck!
2016 Hanse 505 #120
SVZara View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVZara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 17:38
I am interested in converting my system to Lithium and seeing your method would be educational.  
Marc
S/V Zara
2016 Hanse 505, Hull #129
 Post Reply Post Reply