myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Hanse 400 Parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake@jakemills.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 Hanse 400 Parts
    Posted: 18 November 2021 at 14:09
Hi My Hanse Forum,

I'm based in New York and I'm in the process of buying a 2009 Hanse 400e. 
It needs some work and I need parts. 

At the recommendation of the local Hanse dealer I looked up parts on hanse.boatoon.com.

I came across this note on their website for 50 to 75% of the parts I need: 

"(For Hanse 400 please submit Slot or CE number)"

I next reached out to hanse.boatoon and a very helpful person @ hanse.boatoon.com  replied:

"we are sorry , but we are not dealing with spare parts for the boat built before 2011. What are you looking for? Please send us the list, picture and hull number and we will see, if we can help."

"I cannot tell you anything about spare parts. Only with boatyard help, maybe we can identify some of them, or to find out who was supplier. But unfortunately the boatyard has no build plans for the elder boats and therefor we do not have your boat as model."

#1 Question: I need a Slot #, or CE, or Hull # for this Hanse, where do I find that? 

#2 Question: Is finding replacement parts going to be difficult with pre-2011 Hanse's, especially in the United States? 

This is a great forum. I've read 200+ posts related to Hanse 400's and it's been so helpful.

I hope one or more of you out there has some insight to share with me here! 

Thanks,

Jake 

Ggerrit View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ggerrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 16:22
On the transom/stern, some 50 cm over your boat name, the number from the Hanse Builders Certificate is engraved in the fibreglass - it will look like : DE-HAN J 0205 K 481.The numbers are some 1cm .
But boatoon has the most parts !! mine is 2008, and they have a lot of spareparts !
 What do you need ?
Gerard
H400 2008 2 cabin
jake@jakemills.com View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake@jakemills.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 17:49
Gerard,
Great, thanks for your help on this. I'm going to look for the Slot #as you directed.
As for parts, the immediate needs are port lights, hatches, and corresponding plastic window frames. 
The port lights need immediate replacing or repair. I've read on this forum that it's challenging. 
Thanks for your insight! 
Jake 
Dogscout View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogscout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 23:30
If your portlights and hatches are Lewmar, you may have a better time getting the parts directly from them.  Boatoon has been great for me to order parts for my 2008 430e I expect that they can get you most of what you need.
Adventure awaits
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2022 at 15:39
Hello Gerard,

Were you able to find the hull plastic window frames?
Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
Ggerrit View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ggerrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 18:24
Hi,
I changed one portlight, but could re use the inner plastic.
 I don't know where to buy these, but why don't you make them from wood ??
 Gerard
H400 2008 2 cabin
 Post Reply Post Reply