myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Regional myHanse > myHanse Sweden
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windlass for Hanse 315

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor1705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windlass for Hanse 315
    Posted: 21 March 2022 at 08:20
Hi all

I want to fit a windlass to my 315, and wonder which one would be most suitable.

I have seen all the helpful advice on the shelf inside the anchor locker, but I wonder if you can still put the anchor inside with the shelf being there.

Also what would be the lowest powered windlass, 

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Sailor1705 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor1705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 11:57
Hi

I have just installed a windlass on my 315, from looking through here and some photos I saw I chose to put it in the anchor locker.

The chap I asked to do it suggested that I have a SS bracket made, which he designed and measured up for.  

I am absolutely delighted with the result and thought I must put this on here to help anyone else who may inherit a Hanse without a windlass.

It is possibly much stronger than the shelf idea and leaves more room for the anchor,

Am based on the south coast should you require more details.

I tried to upload photographs but need some help to do this

Edited by Sailor1705 - 01 July 2022 at 12:11
Kox View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 13:02
Which hanse 315?

Yeah, the photo-thing is somewhat cumbersome ...

First of all, your photo should be less than 500kb, the format can be jpg, PNG and some others I don't remember.

In the "Quick Reply" you can not upload photos.

You have to press "Post Reply" - then another editor opens.
Find and press "Insert image", it will look like a small tree.
Press "Chose archive" (I am not 100% sure on this one, as my forum speaks danish).
Find your file and press upload.

Place the cursor in the post you want to insert it. (Again, you have to press "Post reply", the "Quick reply"-editor is not working.
Chose your file and press "OK".

Done.
Hanse 315, Ella, Hull# 640
Theoldcodger View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoldcodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2022 at 17:07
Hi there - I am interested to learn more about your windlass installation. I have a 312 ( not dissimilar to your 315 ). I have no windlass at present and I feel age and backs won't be respected by manual work. What type did you buy, was it professionally installed etc  - 
Any info you can share I'd much appreciate - 
Thanks - Julian 
Isotope Hanse 312
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 07:25
Originally posted by Kox Kox wrote:

First of all, your photo should be less than 500kb, the format can be jpg, PNG and some others I don't remember.

Most people find the problem is the size of the photo. It is best in jpeg format & normally most cameral will make the photo using too many kb for this site to accept
To reduce the size one should use a programe such as Pixresizer

https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/download

Then you load the picture in the box "1" , select the size as 600*450 in box "2" Then select type as "jpeg" in box 3 & "save" in box 4. (suggest that you save it in your picture folder under "my Hanse" with any others that you might want to add in the future) This will then give you a picture that you can place into the post using the tree icon above. You browse your files for wherever you saved it, Upload it , preview it then tick OK & we will all have a revealing picture of your favourite mistress
Add some text so we know all about her & then it is just a case of ticking "post reply"

A point to others that might be reading this post--  It would be nice if you went to the member control panel ( if you have not done so already)& scrolled down to personal data then "signature" & added a note including "boat name", "type" & "whereabouts" etc . It just makes it nice for us all to know a little about  your boat when reading your posts

Edited by samuel - 26 July 2022 at 07:38
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 07:54
Hi Samuel

Instead of using software from softronic that have unknown origin, I use either Paint in windows or Gimp for both windows/linux/Ios.
The Android phone recent models can also resize pictures natively.

Kind regards
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 08:08
Originally posted by H8jer H8jer wrote:

Hi Samuel

Instead of using software from softronic that have unknown origin, I use either Paint in windows or Gimp for both windows/linux/Ios.
The Android phone recent models can also resize pictures natively.

Kind regards

To each his own.
But perhaps you will need to explain how, as I for one would not have a clue.
That is why I always do it the way I suggested. Wink
As for taking pictures with phones - I have not actually got  far with that technology yetCry

Edited by samuel - 26 July 2022 at 08:08
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 09:01
Originally posted by samuel samuel wrote:

But perhaps you will need to explain how, as I for one would not have a clue.

Hi Samuel
This link shows a howto, it is a bit old, but it shows the basics. 
https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/scale-down-an-image-in-windows-mac-ios-and-android/
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor1705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 09:03
Hi Julian

I would love to send you the photos, as I cannot get them on here, they are on an iPad and iPhone, have tries but it does not work for me.  Let me know if I can send them to you by private email or WhatsApp.

Joan
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailor1705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 09:24

I am hoping this will load
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>