myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jefa steering issue - input socket loose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jefa steering issue - input socket loose
    Posted: 18 April 2022 at 08:30
I am hoping someone on this forum has had a similar issue and is an easy fix! The part in question is called the input socket in the steering pedestal. Over the season more and more movement has become evident. In the pictures the part that is moving up and down is the white cylinder that enters the pedestal not the steering shaft , the whole until is moving up and down. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

H355 , #47
mattplowman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 02:36
I think I have found the offending part….found this O ring at bottom of steering pedestal…..does anyone know which o ring this is on the Jefa 150 system?
H355 , #47
mattplowman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattplowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 05:48
Update: I have been able to fix the loose input socket and confirm where the O-ring came from (unrelated issues in the end)

The loose input socket required me to take the plotter off the top of the pedestal to gain access to the steering mechanism within the pedestal , I then removed the "Top plate" , once the plate was removed it was very clear that the two screws securing the input socket to the pedestal were loose , once fastened the problem was solved. Very easy in the end once I knew where to look!

The O rings are from the bumper bars on the "stop ring" mechanism at the base of the pedestal , basically they act as a dampener when the wheel is turned hard over and hits the bumper bars at the range extreme. They had worn and fallen off. Very easy and cheap fix as well.
H355 , #47
Morvoren View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morvoren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 15:10
Thanks for posting the problem and solution . 
 Post Reply Post Reply