myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jack Stay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Stay
    Posted: 25 April 2022 at 21:38
Hi,

As I was preparing Norse King for his trip down to Portugal I thought I ought to put the Jack Stays back.  I found what I think originally came with the boat back in 2008, has anyone got something similar and how do they attach theirs?

It doesn't reach from stern to bow and appears the double stainless steel hoops can be adjustable but from where to where?

Jon B
470e
http://www.norse-king.blogspot.co.uk
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2022 at 09:09
Hi, we have a similar arrangement and run these between the bow and stern mooring cleats. The double rings allow you to tension the stay. But I think if you are venturing out into the Atlantic you might want a more substantial fixing method.
Good luck
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2022 at 12:01
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately they aren't long enough, I even tried them around the mast and it nearly reached the middle stantion at the rear!

I'll donate them to another when the opportunity arises.

I'll get some lines made up with hoops sown in so I can got from front to rear cleats but can remove them when not venturing out too far.
Jon B
470e
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2022 at 03:12
Hi Jon
On closer inspection of your photo they don't actually look substantial enough for jack stays, maybe they are tie downs for something else? Bimini supports?
All the best
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
psousa View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psousa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 14:52
Aren't those part of this kit?

Edited by psousa - 13 May 2022 at 15:12
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 19:13
It probably is but if so it doesn't fit a 470, it reaches almost from stern to shrouds!
Jon B
470e
psousa View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psousa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 09:34
If it's part of the kit I show on my post, it's not a jackline. It's an hatch escape kit.
JonB View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 09:45
Hi,

If I remember correctly you had a picture of it hanging down from the front hatch so that you could reach the strap with your foot to climb out.

These do not have any hooks only the one ring and they reach from the push-pit to the mast!
Jon B
470e
 Post Reply Post Reply