myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 545/548
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compressor on 548

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Roux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compressor on 548
    Posted: 15 November 2022 at 13:25
Does anyone know what brand the compressor is on a 548 and where a replacement unit can be purchased?

Anton Roux
Arcadia View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2022 at 14:44
Compressor ??  Can you be more specific. Not sure what piece you’re referring to.
Leon / ARCADIA
2018 Hanse 588
Sag Harbor, NY
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2022 at 18:03
I'm assuming Anton is referring to the air compressor in the garage for inflating a inflatable tender etc. They are made in Australia but available from various chandlers worldwide. It may be easier to get it from the Hanse shop via website www.hanse.boatoon.com and search by your boat model (548) etc. The part number on that website is TSZ0473 and the cost is Euro433.81 ex tax ex Germany and availability is "in stock". There is a photo and you may be able to ID the manufacturer and find a better price. 
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 00:33
The compressor is a great, cost effective option.     In my case, it lets me have a much larger dinghy than the garage on my 575 allows and experience little trouble in pumping it up every time I deploy.   That said,  I find the hose that comes with it a bit cheap.   I've been looking for a replacement hose and see lots of expensive low-pressure air hoses that I can put the same fittings on, but they are all pretty expensive.  Has anyone done this?   Replace the hose?   If so,  with what?
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Lyn View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 18:14
If it is the inflator we are talking about, I just ordered a replacement from www.waveinn.com, as mine was removed by a previous owner.  Shipped from Spain.

Search for "BRAVO Electric Pump Turbomax".  $358.99 plus shipping.

No hose, but it arrives with air adapters/fittings and electrical connectors to terminate the wiring that should be present on the boat.
Jon
S/V Lyn
2017 Hanse 588 | Hull 19 | Deep draft | 150hp | 220v & 110v systems | Lithium House Bank
Gale Force View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gale Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 10:46
Hi Jon

It would be great to know if your Bravo Turbo Max is permanently mounted.I take it it would be in the garage?If so did you mount it to a bracket and how did you go about making sure it remains dry and how you hooked up the 12v supply.Any other info you think is pertinent would be much appreciated

Best regards

Duncan

SV Gale Force

Lyn View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 13:47
It is permanently mounted down the steps from the cockpit to the swim platform on the starboard side (on a 588).  I'm the 3rd owner.  When I was in the process of buying the boat, I saw a clear plastic hinged cover but there was only a piece of white plastic underneath it.  Researching what it might be, I learned that it was probably the inflator but figured maybe it wasn't installed.

Until... I was flipping through the sales brochure a few months after I purchased the boat and saw that one was installed at one point.  Zooming way in, I could vaguely read "Turbomax".

Recently, I had occasion to spend way too much time in the starboard aft quarter, accessed from the cabin if you are a contortionist and like cramped spaces.  This is the backside of the framed-in box on the steps.  The clearance for the back panel is nicely machined, so I think it is a factory part installed vs. a generic box modified by a boatyard.  If that's right, then I think Boatoon might be the source.  To my surprise I saw red/black wiring there, factory-labeled "compressor" (you can see them on the right side of the picture).  Once I removed the electrical tape, I found them to be live with 12v.  When I looked later, those wires begin in the port cabin.  Underneath the port berth, there is a bus bar, and that is where they are, labeled & protected by a 160A fuse.  It is the same bus bar for the winches.  The circuit does not appear to be switched.

Here is a pic of the new inflator, which I will install on my next visit.  You can see how it would be sandwiched in the box.

So why was it removed?  Maybe the original wasn't working, and it was better to remove it than have something to fix/replace during survey.  I have read on other Hanse model forums that their compressor stopped working when a little water got inside the case from behind.  So, before I permanently install, I might put a bead of sealant around the gap.

If you don't or can't, there is a Turbomax compressor that comes in a little cooler-sized bag which you could modify to a 12v jack for the cockpit.  That would help alleviate water concerns by storing it elsewhere.  Take care to get the right one, because the compressor is also available as a 24v model!
Jon
S/V Lyn
2017 Hanse 588 | Hull 19 | Deep draft | 150hp | 220v & 110v systems | Lithium House Bank
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 16:16
I’m sorry to tell you this.
The Bravo BST 800 12V (up to 800mb)Compressor (Italian brand) is sh..
I change it from new twice in 4-5 years , than I order spare parts directly from the Italian company, paid for them and never received them. Make 10 times a complain by email NOBODY HOME ANYMORE Angry
the Turbomax 12v is Max 250 mBar Max 60 Amp ,160 Amp fuse is to heavy IMO

Edited by Wild - 22 November 2022 at 16:22
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
Gale Force View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gale Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2022 at 10:29
Hi Jon
Many thanks for your detailed reply and installation pics.I am pretty sure that I will be installing one early next year.It also looks like a straight forward DIY project.

Best wishes

Duncan
Lyn View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 21:40
I did my install this weekend.  When I was doing it, I noted that the box said "Turbomax" on it.  Found it on the scoprega.it website as part K6130024.  Mount the housing latch side up (hinge down) so that it isn't cumbersome when using it.

They suggest soldering the wire to the connectors after crimping.  Seeing how I need power to solder, I had to clear the starboard bunk to get the the fuse to disable the circuit.

I ran a bead of sealant around the joint between the front & back to improve defenses against water ingress.  Pickup (2) #10 - 3/4" screws to attach the inflator to the housing from the back.

Otherwise, very straightforward.
Jon
S/V Lyn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>