myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding my Hanse 345 2015 mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebuilding my Hanse 345 2015 mod
    Posted: 19 August 2023 at 10:48

Edited by oj_knut - 21 August 2023 at 07:52
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2023 at 11:59
Davits are fitted and work great.
I hoist them up and down with the mainsail drop, and when they are up they are tightened against the deck. 

To all of you who were worried about the boat "sinking", I can tell you that even in high winds I can't feel a difference in the boat (although there is certainly a difference) when I'm sailing. 
The boat has a slightly lower waterline at the back, but this will be rectified with some new projects in the spring.

Sorry for the bad photos, will try to remember to take new ones this weekend.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2023 at 11:26
Originally posted by Jonas C Jonas C wrote:

Hi there, i have the same thoughts, really need a stern windlass, im getting to old to manyally hoist the anchor..

Can you please provide more details on the installation?
Would help me massivly.

i see you use chain, im thnking leaded line?

/Jonas Caspersson
Hanse 345 #15

Hi And I'm sorry I haven't answered your question, I've been on holiday, so little on the PC.
In order to make room for the winch, I had to remove the place where the gas tank is, this had to be cut away and a new room for the winch molded. I don't think it will work with lead rope, since the chain has to slide along the inside of the boat and into a separate chain box I have made to be cast into the boat. This whole winch job is not an easy solution, it will involve a lot of molding and applying new gelcoat. I'm not quite finished either, so we'll see what I can do this winter.
boatman View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2023 at 18:14
My 8' dinghy weighs 60 lbs (not a solid RIB) and my 2.5hp engine weighs 30 lbs. Total weight under 100 lbs, and I leave the engine on the stern rail, so it is really only 60lbs hanging. Just adding this as even when I had my lagoon 38 cat, I had a 10' RIB weighing 120 lbs, and a 4 hp motor weighing 50 lbs. So not sure what gets you to 300lbs of dinghy and motor that fits behind a 34' boat?
Jonas C View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2023 at 17:56
Hi there, i have the same thoughts, really need a stern windlass, im getting to old to manyally hoist the anchor..

Can you please provide more details on the installation?
Would help me massivly.

i see you use chain, im thnking leaded line?

/Jonas Caspersson
Hanse 345 #15
Hanse 345 #15
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 14:40
Got the anchor installed today. The choice fell on the Rocna Vulcan 20kg. There was also time to install a ladder underneath.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 14:33
No reinforcement is required. (my opinion). But since the boat has a double hull, I had to open up mounting holes in the inner hull, so I was able to attach it to the outer hull. The same had to be done to mount the support down.

Edited by oj_knut - 15 May 2023 at 14:35
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 09:33
How did you attach the new bowsprit to the hull?
I assume that you need reinforcements inside the anchor well.

Frank
oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 12:16
This week I have been working on fitting a bowsprit. First, I had to dismantle the old one, this had to be modified so that I could keep the upper part, while I removed the outermost part.

The new one has a separate "Code attachment", and has a ladder underneath.

oj_knut View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oj_knut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 09:01
Hello dear Hanse friends, it's been a while since I've posted some pictures of the rebuild.
But I work a little while I enjoy some nice sailing days here in Norway.
What I've been working on lately is installing a windlass in the back, this is a big and "tight" project, I'm not finished, but it's getting closer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>