myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 371
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lifting keels on 371

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lifting keels on 371
    Posted: 29 January 2008 at 18:21
I am considering buying a Hanse 371 with a lifting keel. However I have heard that some owners have had problems - eg the keel gets stuck inth "up" position. Has any one else had or heard of any problems like this??

Also does anyone have any views about how they sail vs a fixed keel?

and finally, if you sail with the keel up, I realise that you could not be as close winded, but does it have much effect on the overall stability of the boat? ie does it become much more tender??

many thanks in advance.

Jacobite
Jacobite
jazzdood View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 07:26
Jacobite

Did you get a response from your query on the lifting keel on the 371. I am in exactly the same situation;thinking of buying a 2004 371 but would like more info on the keel exactly as per your questions.

Any thoughts
 Post Reply Post Reply