myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ARC 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
samba View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARC 2008
    Posted: 29 November 2011 at 18:40
I edited the old post mentioned above and the format screwed up so bad it was unreadable. I have just edited to make it readable again.
Samba - Hanse 411 - Bruinisse
samba View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 20:43
We spend 5 months in the Caribean and visited most of the islands between the grenadines and the british virgin islands. We also joined the ARC europe and sailed the boat back to Holland.

You can find more info on all the modifications we did and pictures as well. http://www.myhanse.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1746&title=recommandations-for-atlantic-crossing

Ps i have just added my signature
Samba - Hanse 411 - Bruinisse
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 20:19
Samba
Where did you go when you got there
sail back home or cruise the area
& you do not say what boat you had
it would be nice if you filled in the profile
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
samba View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2011 at 19:11
Hi all,

I have sailed with the ARC 2008 and we found it a life remembering experience. I had three friends with me and the wife of one of my friends said that for a whole year every picture he was on he was smiling big time.

Beforehand i had no idea what to expect. Just too busy preparing.

One peace of advice from my side: select your crew carefully. I selected them on the fact they were easy going and not just good sailors.Some crew arrived almost fighting with each other. We just had a great time with each other.

One of my crew members made a great video of the crossing. I will post it on youtube soon.

Greetz,

Michiel
Jesterjon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 12:34
Holby,

Thanks, the Burgee will soon be ordered. Once I have the boat I will look at whether the cruise will fit into my summer plans. I look forward to seeing other Hanse Yachts as well.

Jon.
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2011 at 11:31
Welcome Jesterjon and what a very good idea Holby for a get-together on a nice new boat. I hope I will be able to be part of it as I hope to visit Scotland next year.

Haven't been to Limehouse for many years, but enjoyed West India Dock in Canary Wharf last Easter and it's local pub, The Gun overlooking the Thames.

For me though, St Catherine's location cannot be beaten. Just a shame that the arrangements for getting inside there and bookings seem so chaotic at times, which is primarily why we went to West India Dock.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 19:07
Samuel,
I am also a fair distance away and, infact there are members all around the world, so seemingly distance does not seem to enter into the equation. I suppose it depends what you want out of the association, but for my mind it I get more back, in savings than the price of my membership, sadly some people dismiss the association without actually looking to what is on offer. Perhaps it is a case of "not seeing the wood for the trees" as they say.
Perhaps tho' it might be case of you not fitting in,
I myself use the facilities  a number of times a year and enjoy my visits, and will certainly enjoy my visit therr next year when i visit the Olympics.
Dve
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 18:50
Jon,
A myhanse burgee is a burgee that has been designed as a collective of a number of members and depicts a design of the northern hemisphere on the obverse and the southern hemisphere on the reverse, to cover the whole world.
I know many young children are on the boats on the cruise, if you are interested i would speak to the organisers to see what they say?
I sail a baby Hanse a Hanse 301, and it would be great to have a look around yours once you have moved in, so to speak, as it is often
very different to seeing a boat at a show and seeing how people fit in.
As for where to get a burgee go to www.theropeshack.com and select the store and scroll down and you will see it.
We are looking at arriving probably about a week before it starts so there my be time for a myhanse meet as i know there are a number of others up there.
All the very best and please dont forget to post some pictures when you get her.

Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
Jesterjon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jesterjon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 18:17
Cheers Holby,

What is a MyHanse Burgee? And how do I get one? The malt cruise looks good but I have 2 children who will be with me all summer and although my wife and I would enjoy it the children may not appreciate the drinking, etc.

Anyway I'll look out for you over the summer, what model do you sail?

Jon.

Edited by Jesterjon - 26 November 2011 at 18:21
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2011 at 18:02
Holby
I have often wondered about joining the CA but last time I asked I seem to recall about £ 80-00 PA
However, as I now live too far away from their HQ the benefits are largely lost.
Still I believe there is a mine of information if you want to travel far -- The ARC perhaps !!!
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>