myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genoatracks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genoatracks
    Posted: 29 January 2010 at 15:00
I plan to install genoa tracks on my new Hanse 320 since we didn't get them preinstalled from the yard. Does anybody have genoatracks with wagons that can be adjusted from the cockpit? Some pictures of how to set this up would be helpful.

I would think that a larger genoa will become a "must" after some sailing experience with the small selftacker. Understand (from previous threads) that I will face some challenges adding a larger genoa. Especially leading the genoa sheet back to the cockpit due to the configuration of the cabin roof. Any suggestions?
shaukaas View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaukaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 16:18
I'm working on the same problems on my boat, thus a new and bigger Genoa already is in order. I've asked another 320 owner which have a 105% Genoa, and I'm currently waiting for some feedback (and hopefully pictures.)

How have you planned to install the tracks? I'm thinking of inner linings, proper attachment etc.
S/Y Nadun - Hanse 320#171

LG3600 - NOR13510

Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 16:25
Watch out for the reinforcements.
Check if it is done the same way as on this drawing

http://www.maen.no/hanse/H320-3040-000-00.pdf
Blake 370
Raptor View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2010 at 08:01

Have discussed this with the local sailmaker. I will position the tracks ontop of the built in reinforcements. Drill the holes and cut threads. Believe that this should suffice and no need for additional support from the inside. Adding some sika will also help keeping the track in place.

shaukaas View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaukaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 07:38
I'm in the middle of ordering some Genoa cars for my 2008 320. I've heard from a 2007 320 owner, that the Lewmar Torlon Ball Cars does not fit the trakcs, because of the narrow fitting towards the windows. The sliding rod cars are narrower, but I suppose they don't have the same performance - especially not if you want to adjust the twist in the foresail while going upwind?!

Is it possible to use in example a Harken car on a Lewmar track?

Anyone with some experience on this?

Edited by shaukaas - 19 February 2010 at 07:39

LG3600 - NOR13510

Gordon Harrison View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon Harrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2010 at 08:18
I have factory fitted cars and they seem to work ok and with bigger jib (North 104% ) the boat sails a lot better. I have yet to do anything with sheets rubbing on coachroof. I can only think os some self adhesive stainless strips in the right places so I am also looking for a good idea for this problem.  I guess I am still to busy enjoying the sailing
Gordon
shaukaas View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaukaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 11:40
I have now installed all the necessary deck hardware for my new Elvström Epex 105% Genoa.

The more I work on the boat, the more I sail it - the more I understand it is not designed for sailing... Just getting the sheets from the Genoa cars back up to the Genoa winches took a lot of effort.

Here are my pictures:

LG3600 - NOR13510

Raptor View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 12:13

Nice job. Planning to do the same on my boat. I have some questions for you:

1. Where did you buy the Lewmar products? Find it really hard to get a reliable supplier in Norway. Maybe better to get it from overseas or from the Hanse Yard?

2. Is the footblock from Lewmar too? Do you have the product number?

3. How did you go about fitting the genoatrack to the deck?

4. When securing the footblock and the line lead, did you add a backplate from the inside?
Gran Onada View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gran Onada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 13:45
Nice job. Thank you for the pictures.
Gran Onada IV - Hanse 350 #130
shaukaas View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaukaas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 15:10
Originally posted by Raptor Raptor wrote:

1. Where did you buy the Lewmar products? Find it really hard to get a reliable supplier in Norway. Maybe better to get it from overseas or from the Hanse Yard?

2. Is the footblock from Lewmar too? Do you have the product number?

3. How did you go about fitting the genoatrack to the deck?

4. When securing the footblock and the line lead, did you add a backplate from the inside?

To answer your questions, Raptor:

1. Buying parts for a sailboat in Norway is totally hopeless: Prices are sky high, and the knowledge about their products is ridiculous.

I bought everything from Marine.com in Miami, FL - half the price of Norway. I used JetCarrier for shipping - my personal favorite when shopping from the US.

2. Lewmar product number 29927264
Product link to marine.com

3. The genoatrack was fitted by the yard.

4. I used a Bosch multitool, PMF 180E, to cut the innerliner in the aft cabin +  the stow. Thus generating some extra work to replace the innerliner at a later stage... Sleepy

Added in some 13mm water resistant plywood, 30mm acid-proof shieves, M8 acid proof bolts with a M8 bush in between. (There were no acid-proof M8 bolts with sufficient length available - in Norway. I Tried everything from "Industrisalg" to "Würth".)

Used some epoxy for protecting the balsa laminate in case of leakages in the future, and sealed everything up with Tec7.

FYI: The foundationts for the the Lewmar footblocks are made from "POM"

a heavy duty plastic material used in for an example the offshore industry. A company named "Vestpak" in Stavanger were able to provide me with two shieves, which I machined myself after some superb drawings supplied by ErikR - who is the brain behind this fantastic solution! :)

It's just such a pity too see Hanse has left out all the sail-handling engineering to their customers...

LG3600 - NOR13510

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>