myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charging batteries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldenraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 22:03
Hi all, does anyone have the electrical schematics of the 355? I want to install solar panels I need that info please, Thanks!
Andrew View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 08:26

Hi Galdenraf

You don't really need an electrical plan if you connect the solar output via a reagulator with in-built fuse directly to the batteries. Modern regulators normaly have two outputs and can supply both house and starter batery.

Andrew

Goldenraf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldenraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 13:59
Hi Andrew, thanks, I know how to connect the batteries, I'm using a Steca solar charger regulator so I can switch from AC power to solar automatically.
What I don't know is how to run the wiring from the board to the electric panel, (my Hanse arrives in 2 months)

Any info on this?

Thanks!
Goldenraf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldenraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 14:20
Hi Procella, I'm in the same situation, didn't receive my 355 yet, do you know exactly what the available area is? do you have the dimensions?
For the solar power I can maybe help, I'm a distributor of these products (but I'm not trying to sell to you!) any technical info you might need just drop me a line.
A lot is available here at http://www.samlexsolar.com
Procella View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Procella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 11:55
I am leaving for Germany and Greifswald on Monday to pick up my new boat. Really exciting. I visited the shipyard three weeks ago and could confirm that my boat was almost ready.
The handover will be on Tuesday and on Wednesday i will test sail the boat. On Thursday we plan to start the journey home, to Stockholm.

Regarding solar power I will wait and see until I have the boat in my home harbour. There I can measure all areas and calculate my needs. I will get back to you, Goldenraf.

/Claes
/Claes
Hanse 355, Procella
Goldenraf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goldenraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 18:05
Procella, good luck with your boat! post pictures!
I spoke to my dealer and he suggested to install the solar panels in a bimini custom made for the 355, one of his employes did exactly that.
When I'll do it I will post pics

Thanks
samba View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 19:40
Hello Procella,

I have had experience with 2 solar panels (2x90W) and a windgenerator (air x). This combination generated enough energy to keep the batteries filled in the Caribbean. The wind generator generated the most energy by far. The amount of energy you will get from solar panels in our climate is in my opinion at this moment still limited.

If you want to go for green energy I would go for a wind generator. If not, go for a bigger alternator with a good charger.

Cheers,

Michiel
Procella View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Procella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 07:34
I have now had my boat for a couple of weeks. It is wonderful and everything works fine.
As I said before I was going for the fuel cell, EFOY 900. I have installed it in the port side stowage compartment. This weekend it was hot days and cold nights, so I had to run the refrigerator the whole time and the heater at night. Then of course the navigation system and some autopilot while sailing. I was never short of power. The fuel cell had no problem keeping up with electrical consumers. There was even some extra power left over to top charge the battery.
I might still go for a solar panel as well, but I see no need to rush in to that.
/Claes
Hanse 355, Procella
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12